Diwali recipes you must try!
Created by Puja Sharma Vasisht Updated on Oct 17, 2017
A Diwali Recipe You Must Try Diwali is just days away, and preparations are in full swing. One of the integral parts of Diwali celebration is the delectable food and goodies prepared especially for the festival. Traditional sweets and namkeen are popular among all age groups, and are distributed among loved ones during the festive season. We’ve got one yummy Diwali recipe that you can prepare quickly, and is full of nutrition.
This Diwali along with the traditional If you’re looking for a delicious, yet healthy Diwali dessert recipe, look no further! Our dried fruit and nuts ladoos are not too heavy on calories, low on fats, but laden with the goodness of antioxidants.
What Are Some Health Benefits Of Dried Fruits And Nuts?
While there are numerous benefits of dry fruits and nuts during this season, some important ones are listed below for your benefit.
- Contain fiber: Dried fruits like dates, raisins (kismis) and figs contain more fiber, which prevents constipation, than their fresh counterparts
- Cardiovascular benefit: Almonds (badaam) and dates (khajoor) are great for keeping cholesterol levels under control and maintaining a healthy heart. Our dessert, which uses dates as a primary ingredient is perfect even for those under diet restrictions due to heart disease
- Rich source of essential nutrients: Dried fruit and nuts are loaded with vitamin E, magnesium, potassium, iron and calcium
- Antioxidants: Dried figs and dates contain high amounts of antioxidants
- Energy: Dried fruits and nuts are high in sugar content, and are good sources of instant energy, especially for athletes
- Saffron(kesar, zafraan): Saffron is rich in potassium that helps in balancing the cells’ fluids thus keeping you safe from painful muscle cramps
Quick And Tasty Dry Fruits And Nuts Ladoos Recipe
Ingredients Needed For Preparing Dry Fruit And Nuts Ladoos
- 1 small bowl de-seeded and minced dates (the fresh, juicy black variety)
- Half a bowl of raisins, minced
- 1 small bowl mixed nuts of choice
- Chopped cashews, almonds, walnuts, pistachios
- Desiccated coconut for dusting
Method For Preparing Dry Fruit And Nuts Ladoos
- In a mixer, coarsely grind the nuts
- Keep aside
- Grind raisins and dates separately in the mixer or hand pound them in a zip pouch
- Mix everything together
- Grease your palms and then roll into small ladoos
- Dust the ladoos on the desiccated coconut to have a coconut layer
- Let it set in a refrigerator
Quick And Traditional Diwali Recipe Of Kaju Katli
Yes, the popular kaju katli barfi is so easy to make at home as well. And all you need is some milk, kesar, cashew nuts and viola you are all set to make that delicious sweetmeat at home as well. So here you go.
Ingredients To Make Zafrani Kaju Katli
- 2 tsp saffron
- 200 gm cashew nuts, broken
- 4 cups water
- 12 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp green cardamom powder
- 4 sheets silver varq
Method To Prepare Zafrani Kaju Katli
- First grind cashew nuts into a fine powder
- Heat 4 cups water in a non-stick pan
- Add sugar and saffron, mix and cook till syrup thickens
- Add cardamom powder and mix well
- Add cashew nut powder and mix well
- Cook for about 3 minutes
- Spread the mixture onto a plate
- Let it cool to room temperature
- Transfer mixture onto a worktop
- Knead the mixture a little
- Now spread the mixture into a burfi tray
- Garnish with silver varq and let it set
- When set, cut into squares
A Royal Diwali Recipe For Fitness Conscious-Ladoos With Jowar And Dates
Ingredients Needed For Preparing Ladoos With Jowar And Dates
- 1 cup of jowar flour
- 20 deseeded dates, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp. chopped almonds and walnuts
- 1 cup water
- 4 tsp. desi ghee
- 1 tsp. flaxseeds
Method To Prepare Ladoos with Jowar And Dates
- Dry roast the jowar while making sure it doesn’t burn
- Add the water to a pan on medium flame, and add the dates to it
- When the dates have absorbed the water and have turned mushy, add the nuts and jowar
- Stir for a few minutes and remove from flame
- While the mixture is still warm, grease your palms and make laddoos
This Diwali, celebrate with some healthy delicacies, and do your body a favor by not overloading it with snacks that are too high on sugar and fat content.
What are your favorite Diwali snacks and sweets? Tell us in the comments section below!
| Oct 17, 2017
Thank u Ma'am! I am sure these mithais would be not just pleasing to eyes but to taste buds as well. I am gonna give kaju katli a try this Diwali. thansk again Puja Sharma Vasisht Ma'am!
| Oct 16, 2017
dry fruits and nuts ladoo : healthy and tasty.. thanks for the recepies.
| Jul 28, 2017
Thanku Puja Puja Sharma Vasisht .
| Nov 16, 2015
Ya, I too made this recipe with a slight twist, added Ragi powder. And made this recipe on occasion of Deepavali.
| Nov 10, 2015
I prepare same recipe of ladoos for my daughter. I also add lil methi pwder and gond (in hindi, it is gud for HB)
Some custom error
Some custom error