How To Educate Your Child About National Youth Day?
Created by MOAIYED PITHEWAN Updated on Jan 12, 2018
Did you know that National Youth Day is celebrated on the birth anniversary of the great visionary Swami Vivekananda? National Youth Day a.k.a Yuva Diwas – is a tribute to the teachings and life of Swami Vivekananda. And in this blog, our blogger has discussed ways you can educate your child about the National Youth Day.
How Do I Educate My Child About National Youth Day?
Before you talk to your child about National Youth Day, you need to educate him or her about Swami Vivekanand. Who was Swami Vivekananda? Why is his birth anniversary celebrated as National Youth Day? Scroll down to read how you can educate your child about National Youth Day.
- Teach your child about the efforts of Swami Vivekananda: Swami Vivekananda was a firm believer that with education, the youth of our country can be great leaders, who will lead the country to its glory. This is the best time to introduce your child to Swami Vivekananda's thoughts, views and ideologies. You can gift your child some books on Swamiji or even collect some information from net and make an e-book of sorts
- Educate your child about the history of National Youth Day: It is quite important for your child to understand the history of National Youth Day. Why is it celebrated on 12th January every year—the birth anniversary of Swami Vivekananda. What did Swamiji do for the youth of the country
- Let your child be a part of the celebrations: Encourage your child to actively participate in interactive programs and activities that are a part of National Youth Day celebrations. Almost every school has something or the other planned for National Youth Day, to promote young talent in the country
- Read about Swamiji's life and teachings together: You can sit with your child and read about Swami Vivekananda's life together so that your child knows about the significance of the day . You can from time to time motivate your child to live his or her life with kindness and affection
- Empower your child with positivity and right guidance: Swami Vivekananda believed that if guided with positive gentleness and firmness, the youth can achieve so much. So while giving your child a free reign do keep guiding him or her in making the right choices in life not only for himself or herself but also for the betterment of the country
These are just a few ways by which you can educate your child about National Youth Day.
Do you have any more ideas that you would like to share with us? Then do leave your views, ideas and feedback in the comments section below as we would love to hear from you.