Health Alert! Watch out for these summer diseases
Created by Canisha Kapoor Updated on Jun 16, 2017
With the change of season, your child is most likely to get affected with sore throat, cold and sometimes fever However; with right precautions you can prevent most of these seasonal problems of summer that may make your child irritable and lazy as well. So here I am listing few of the common summer illness that may affect your child.
Common illnesses in summer: Here is the list of common diseases that are prevalent in summers along with how to prevent them.
1. Sunstroke: Sunstroke can happen if anyone goes out in sun without taking proper care of hydrating himself. Sudden exposure to heat can give heatstroke and the person suffers from fever, sometimes very high too.
2. Boils: The body heat most often erupts in the form of boils on different parts of the body. So maintain hygiene and in case, of the pain consult a skin doctor.
3. Allergy: In addition to sun and heat allergies there are many other types of allergies like rashes that can develop in children during this season.
Water Borne Diseases
Cholera, typhoid, jaundice, dysentery, amoebiosis, and diarrhoea are some of the water borne diseases that are much more prevalent during summers and if you or your child is in the habit of eating out then you need to be extra careful.
Food Borne Diseases
Food poisoning is common during summers because bacteria thrive in the warm and moist environment and hence one needs to be really careful. Avoid eating roadside food, at home also try to eat freshly cooked food as much as possible.
Accumulation of water in the pits and formation on muddy pools leads to mosquitoes breeding thus contributing to the diseases like dengue, and malaria among other diseases are quite common.
This is one of the diseases caused by viruses found in summer. Children feel slight throat infection and fever. Meningitis and/or paralysis occur within few days. And if your child has been vaccinated, you do not have to worry about this.
Tips for Preventing Summer Illnesses in Children
1. Don't give cut fruits and food items from roadside vendors to your child.
2, Avoid cooking spicy and fried food items for your child. Stick to fresh fruits, green vegetables and fresh fruit juices.
3. Encourage your child to drink plenty of water. Make sure that the water is properly purified and free from germs and viruses.
4. Take a lot of fluid when travelling or when going outdoors for a long time with your child.
5. Give fibre-rich food to your child and give a close attention to their diet and nutrition.
6.Lemon juice, coconut water and other natural fluids are best for your child to keep him or her hydrated.
7. In clothes as well opt for natural fibres like cotton and ensure that they are light in weight and loose fitting.
8. Last but not the least don't forget to exercise in the morning and involve your child as well.
Did you like the blog? Do you have any more points to avoid common seasonal diseases? Please do share with us in the comments section below.
| Jun 20, 2017
| Jun 17, 2017
| Jun 17, 2017
thanks for the useful info
| Jun 16, 2017
Hi Canisha, Thanks for such a wonderful blog.
Some custom error
Some custom error