How To Reduce Postpartum Weight
Created by Dr Pooja Mittal Updated on Oct 12, 2020
Losing weight post pregnancy can be a thorn on your side but believe me it is not that tough to lose weight.
How to Lose Weight after Pregnancy
- Walk as much as you can: Start with light walking once in a day gradually making it twice a day. Light paced walking for 30 minutes should be sufficient just post delivery
- Count your calories: While dieting is not advised it is better to keep a count on your calories intake, which should be around 1800 calories. Snack on fruits or seeds if you feel hungry not only will they help in better milk let down it will not add on to your calories
- Smart food choices: Switch to smart food choices like oats, brown rice, brown bread, soup, salads as they are healthy, filling and won’t add on extra calories on you
- Keep yourself well-hydrated: Increase your water intake as it helps in burning calories and a great way to keep skin healthy and tight
- Breastfeed exclusively: Breastfeeding helps in burning all the extra calories. So while it is helping you in losing your weight it is beneficial for your baby as well
- Massage helps: Massage your tummy with pure coconut oil or any good lotion at least twice a day it will help to tighten the skin and promotes good blood flow
- Stay positive: You took nine months to gain the weight you have now it will not go in a week or in a month’s time so relax, and keep a positive state of mind. Be happy and don’t lose hope
- Be patience & be positive
- Give time
- Belly binding
- Low fat diet
- Drink water
- Kegel exercise
Watch the video as Doctor Pooja Mittal explains in this video.
Watch the entire video on Women's Health & Complications During Pregnancy.
| Jul 21, 2021
After giving birth, the biggest problem of women is not being able to regain the weight gained during pregnancy, I think nursing mothers have more difficulty losing weight and can gain more weight as weight loss is temporary. Your article is very useful for mothers, thanks for that. https://basketballlegends.fun