How to stay smart on April Fool’s Day!
Created by Shikha Batra Updated on Apr 01, 2017
Who doesn’t want to avoid the embarrassment of being fooled on April Fool’s Day? And the thought of somebody playing a prank on your child and making him/her look foolish is unacceptable, right? Well, here are some handy tips on how to help your child get smart:
1. Be prepared: Remind your child that it’s the first day of April so there’s going to be an onslaught of pranks by not just their friends and classmates, but also those annoying acquaintances.
2. Everyone is a suspect: It could be anyone—their best friend, classmate, family member, neighbour, acquaintance, or even a stranger who could have something planned. Tell your child to be on their guard with everyone.
3. Be wary: Forewarn your child that if something looks or sounds suspicious, it probably is, especially the outlandish lies they’re going to hear.
4. Sharing is not caring on April Fool’s Day: What they might be offered to eat or taste is probably inedible, will shock them, or is not what it seems. Caution your child to have his/her own lunch.
5. Verify facts first: Tell your child not to believe even what their closest friends say that day, even if it’s “there’s free ice cream downstairs”.
6. Do not sound like a fool: Tell them to play along and keep their cool if they realised that they’ve been tricked. It could rob the prankster of his/her delight if your child tells him/her “I knew that it was a joke.”
Of course, don’t forget that children will be children, and more often than not, April Fool’s jokes are bound to be harmless! Do you have something up your sleeve, or are you planning to use some survival tipsthis Fools’ day? Tell us in the comments below!
| Jun 22, 2017
Some custom error
Some custom error