Is It Safe To Take Lexapro During Pregnancy?
Created by Aparna Jha Updated on Aug 31, 2020
“Birthing is the most profound initiation to spirituality a woman can have.” – Robin Lim
In order to give birth to a new life, women have several sacrifices to make. She undergoes a lot of complication; be it morning sickness, nausea and other discomforts; in serious cases even depression can be experienced by her. To overcome instances of depression women intake Lexapro while Pregnant.
Lexapro during Pregnancy
Pregnancy sparks depression, this can be eliminated by consuming Lexapro in Pregnancy. It also is considered to be effective in treating anxiety issues as well as obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD).
Lexapro pros and cons in Pregnancy
This anti-depressant drug has the potential to alter the mood, treat anxiety issues and heal depression. Lexapro assures to bring more mess and worriment as compared to the benefits it should serve. Thus, before utilizing it you should scrutinize the situation and have a careful consideration.
In case you have been taking Lexapro without seeking the guidance from your doctor, inform them the same. Make sure to not withdraw its consumption before taking the assistance from your physician, so as to avoid further trouble for your unborn. The after effects of this are as follows:
1. frequent headache.
2. Mood swings which could result in irritation and anger.
4. Increased anxiety issues.
5. Encountering with increased issues of confusion.
The side effects of Lexapro include:
It is unsafe to take Lexapro when Pregnant, it has negative impact on the mother as well as the child. Using this drug can land your toddler with threatening risks.
1. Women complain of drowsiness, lack of sleep and nausea is experienced persistently.
2. Pregnant women have to bear up with maladies such as fatigue, vomiting and diarrhoea infrequently.
3. In rare cases women can go through abdominal pain and menstrual problems.
4. Lexapro can boost miscarriage and premature birth.
5. Birth defects have been recorded due to excessive consumption of this anti-depressant. Thus take this medicine after proper consultation and guidance from your health expert.
6. It is likely to cause PPHN (Neonatal persistent pulmonary hypertension) which leads to respiratory disorders in the child. In severe cases the baby can be out on ventilator or in Intensive care unit.
7. As a consequence your younger one can undergo Autism spectrum disorder.
While expecting a baby you should never be irresponsible with your health, therefore; always avoid taking medications without the prescription of a medical expert. If you are suffering from any discomfort, feel free to express it with your doctor so as to find a possible solution to your botheration.