3 Awesome Snacks, Foods for Wonderful New Year Eve Party
Created by Parentune Support Updated on Jan 02, 2020
New year festivities bring different kinds of excitement in different corners of this diverse country. While in the far north its nail-bitingly cold, in the west it’s the best season for tourists. The east and south have their own various reasons to celebrate and seek something new. But for parents, new and experienced, at the center of all festivities are their kids. So, why not try something different to snack on this new year.
Here are three amazingly simple yet different recipes to try on new years eve, for a tasty and fun time with family:
New Years Eve Food Ideas
The following are a few food recipes to make your new year party special. Check here.
#1. Rajma (Kidney Beans) Kebab
Cooking Time: 35-40 Mins(Approx.)
The following are the items & quantities you need to prepare Rajma Kebab to serve up to three peoples...
|Tomatoes & Onions||1 Medium size(finely chopped)|
|Green Chillies||2-3 (finely chopped)|
|Peanuts||1/2 cup (small rough & crushed)|
|Chilli Powder||1/4 tbsp (as per taste)|
|Coriander Powder||As per taste|
|Salt||As per taste|
|Oil or Ghee for frying||As per need|
You need to prepare Rajma overnight for cooking the next day. Rajma needs to be soaked in water for about 10-12 hours so their skin goes softer. Remove its skin the next day by pouring boiling water over it then grind it into a coarse paste.
Add onion, tomatoes, green chilies, chili powder, coriander powder, lemon juice, grinded peanuts and salt to the rajma paste. Mix the ingredients well with hands after adding besan (gram flour) to it and make small rolls or balls from it. Deep fry the rolls in hot oil/ghee till they turn golden brown. Serve with tomato ketchup or sweet guava chutney.
(Source: NDTV Food / Meenakshi Kapoor)
#2. Sweet Potato Skins
Cooking Time: 90 - 100 Mins
Special Requirements: Oven
The following are the items and quantities needed to serve up to three people. Check below...
|Sweet Potatoes||3 (large size)|
|Canned Black Beans||400 grams|
|Yellow Corn||1/2 cup|
|Pepper||1/2 cup(green & red chopped)|
|Red Onion||1 small finely chopped|
|Garlic Cloves||2 to 3, minced|
|Scallion||2 tbsp chopped to garnish|
|Cilantro||2 tbsp chopped|
|Mozzarella Cheese||2/3 cup shredded|
|Vegetable Oil||1.5 tbsp|
|Cayenne Pepper||1/4 tbsp|
|Salt||As per taste|
|Pepper||As per taste|
|Olive Oil||To drizzle|
Method of Preparation:
First, put the sweet potatoes for preparation into the oven. The oven needs to be preheated to 400 degrees F before you put sweet potatoes in. Prick the potatoes all over and leave them in the oven for about 40-50 mins. Keep on reading to prepare this
- While the potatoes are being baked let’s work on the filling. Saute minced garlic and chopped onion on medium heat in the vegetable oil for 2 to 3 minutes or till the raw smell goes away. Drain and add black beans from the can along with sweet corn and peppers to the frying pan. Stir the mixture and cook for a minute.
- Cook for another minute after adding chopped scallion, cilantro, salt, and cayenne pepper. Turn off the heat and get back to the potatoes.
- Let the potatoes cool after baking and slice them into half. Scoop out most of the flesh of the potatoes, leaving only a thin layer inside so that the potato skins can stay intact in shape.
- Drizzle olive oil on the peeled skins (with the scooped side facing up) and place back in the oven at 375 degrees F for 10 minutes. The sweet potato skins will crisp up. In the meantime, mash the scooped sweet potato flesh in a bowl and add the prepared veggie mixture to it.
- Once the veggies are mixed with the sweet potato add pace salsa and mix further. Fill the crisp sweet potato skins with the prepared mixture and top it with shredded mozzarella cheese. Put all the skins back in the oven at 375 degrees F until the cheese melts, which should be around 10-15 minutes.
Your sweet potato skins are ready. Garnish them with some chopped scallion and serve.
(Source: Cookwithmanali / Manali)
#3. Fish Croquettes
Cooking Time: 45 - 60 Mins
Special Requirements: Pressure Cooker
The following are the items and quantities needed to serve up to six people. This recipe has three parts to be prepared separately:
3.1. Making the Stuffing
Bhetki fish or sea bass steaks: 5
Onion: 3 medium-sized (1 quartered, 2 finely chopped)
Garlic: 4 cloves (2 crushed, 2 finely chopped)
Green Chillies: 3, finely chopped
Bay Leaves (Tej Patta): 2
Cinnamon (Dalchini): 1-inch stick
Cardamom (Elaichi): 2 Pods with seeds
Tomato Ketchup: 1 tablespoon
Sugar (optional): ¼ teaspoon
Cooking Oil: 1 tablespoon
Salt: To taste
3.2. The potato cases will need
Potatoes: 3, boiled and mashed
Black pepper powder: 1 teaspoon
Salt: To taste
3.3. For preparing the croquettes
Whole Egg: 1, whipped
All-Purpose Flour (Maida): 1 tablespoon
Bread crumbs: 1 cup (or more) for coating
Cooking oil: 1 tablespoon, for frying
Method of Preparation:
The first step is to prepare the fish filling. You will need to put the fish steaks along with, quartered onions, crushed garlic cloves, bay leaves, crushed green cardamom, cinnamon, into the pressure cooker. Sprinkle salt over the mix and add about a cup of water before sealing the lid and heating. Keep on reading
- Cook the fish mix on high heat for one whistle and allow the cooker to cool without releasing the pressure. Debone the fish steaks carefully and mash it with a ladle or wooden stick.
- Boil and mash potatoes separately in the meanwhile. Sprinkle salt and black pepper powder on mashed potato paste and mix well.
- Fry the chopped onions and garlic in about 1 tablespoon oil till they acquire caramel color. Add the chopped green chilies to the frying pan and saute for a minute or two, then add the mashed fish, tomato ketchup, salt, and sugar.
- Cook and stir-mix the ingredients for 5-7 minutes until mixed well enough. Let the mixture cool off enough so that you can handle this with bare hands. Make 10 (or as per need) oval balls with this mixture and keep aside.
- Make 10 (or as per need) equal cutlets (round and flat) from the mashed potato dough. Put one fish ball in each cutlet and seal it closed, such that a thin layer of potato dough encloses the fish paste completely. You can give it the shape you want, oval or round.
- Roll the prepared cutlets (croquettes) on the flour, then dip into the whipped egg and roll into the bowl of bread crumbs. Keep this dipped and rolled cutlets into the refrigerator for about half an hour.
Now if the time for preparing deep frying pan with oil and deep fry the cold cutlets till they turn golden. Soak away the extra oil with tissue papers or kitchen cloth and serve hot with tomato ketchup, greek yogurt, mayo, or hot chocolate dip.
(Source: Archanaskitcen / Maumita Paul)