Recipes for Festive Season!
Created by Ankita A Talwar Updated on Aug 27, 2015
Roasted, herbed almonds
Almonds are great for children’s health. Make them yummier with a slight twist on the masalas.
1 cup, plain almonds
1 tsp roughly chopped thyme, or dried thyme
1½ tsp, roughly chopped rosemary or the dried version
½ tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Mix all ingredients (except sugar) and place on the baking tray
2) Roast for 8-12 minutes, toss and turnover in between.
3) Cool, dust with sugar and serve crunchy.
A hot, new trend on the cake circle
1 six-inch home baked cake of your favourite recipe
1 cup dark cooking chocolate, roughly chopped
¼ cup butter
1 ½ cup cream cheese (available easily on most grocery stores)
2 tsp vanilla essence
Colourful vermicelli and chocolate shavings for decoration
1) Crumble cake into almost a powder. Melt chocolate using double broiler and keep stirring to prevent it from burning.
2) Mix butter and sugar, using an electric beater, till it starts to resemble breadcrumbs. Add cream cheese, vanilla essence and blend again. Your frosting is ready.
3) Add frosting to the cake powder, till it starts coming together as a dough. Use damp hands. Shape into balls and cover with cling film and set in the freezer for 10-15 mins or till set.
4) Insert a satay stick in each and roll in cool, melted chocolate.
5) Roll in colourful vermicelli. Chill again if need be and serve.
Spaghetti with cherry tomatoes and zucchini
125 gm dried spaghetti
2 tbsp olive oil or butter
1 clove garlic crushed
2 small zucchini sliced
125 gm cherry tomatoes, halved
Parmesan cheese as per taste
Salt and pepper for flavouring
1) Boil spaghetti as per packet directions and place aside. (Wash in cold water to prevent noodles from sticking together)
2) In a non-stick pan, add olive oil and roast garlic and zucchini till soft. Add cherry tomtoes and gently toss. Flavour with salt and pepper.
3) Drain the pasta and add it to another pan. Top with the zucchini mix and add half cup of pasta water to it. Cook to mix well, just for a minute or so.
4) Plate and garnish with parmesan cheese and serve.
¾ cup pineapple juice
¾ cup fresh pineapple chunks
1 cup plain yogurt or sweetened dahi
2 tbsp condensed milk
Blender together and add ice cubes. Blend till frothy.
| Sep 06, 2015
| Aug 31, 2015
the cake pops sound yummy and definitely worth trying. we can make it healhtier by adding dry fruits to it.
| Aug 29, 2015
| Aug 28, 2015
Thanks for the recipes Ankita! I am sure this will make festival time all the more special!