Significance of Saraswati Puja In A Life Of A Student
Created by Urvashi Shah Updated on Jan 22, 2018
Saraswati Puja is one of the major annual events celebrated in our Indian culture. Draped in a white silk saree, Goddess Saraswati is an embodiment of wisdom, knowledge and learning. One of her hand holds a rosary, the other a book while the other two hands focus on playing the musical instrument 'Veena'. The deity sits on an inverted lotus symbolizing knowledge while her vehicle is a white swan.
Students are encouraged to worship Goddess Saraswati because of the educational value she holds. This is why you must teach your child the significance of Saraswati Puja.
Why Should You Educate About Significance Of Saraswati Puja In Your Child's Life?
Here is why you should educate about the significance of Saraswati Puja in your child's life.
- Knowledge is wealth: On this day students are encouraged to study but before that they need to pile up their books in front of the idol of Goddess Saraswati in order to seek her blessings. It is only through knowledge that an individual can conquer the world, which is why much emphasize has been given to knowledge and wisdom in the life of a student
- Art and music: Goddess Saraswati is also the goddess of art and music. The Goddess encourages all sorts of arts and music apart from educational knowledge. If you have noticed ever, a number of schools and colleges have an idol of Goddess Saraswati. A child should seek the blessings of this goddess in order to excel in all spheres of life
- Peace: With her unwavering stance that showcases – peace, knowledge and love for her devotees – Ma Saraswati is a gentle avatar of Ma Durga. Goddess Saraswati is seen on the peaceful lake of the mind, bestowing the peace of silent meditation, which is necessary in today's fast paced life. Meditation and remaining calm is an important aspect in every student's life which helps him/her attain purity and wisdom
- Following traditions: Doing Saraswati Puja every year encourages a child to follow the traditional rituals in this modern world. This helps a child to stay in touch with the customs and traditions despite gaining knowledge of the world. It also helps one stay grounded and not get blown away by false egos
- Being spiritual: Apart from engaging in all sorts of arts and music, students learn to become spiritual and respectful. They learn qualities like team-building, leadership and corporation. Instilling the feeling of brotherhood, it also teaches students to interact with one another peacefully and strengthen their bond
On this day of Vasant Panchami, when everyone seeks blessings from Ma Saraswati, educate your child to be humble and kind to achieve great successes in life.
Did you find the blog on significance of Saraswati Puja useful? Share your thoughts and views with us in the comments section below.
| Jan 22, 2018
My kids wait for this day every year as they get to do Puja and have special 'meetha kesar chawal' after that as prasad. also they love to hear the significance of this Puja.. very relevant blog. thanka for sharing!
Some custom error
Some custom error