Summer pregnancy? Here's How to Keep that Skin Glowing
Created by Ridhi Doomra Updated on Sep 20, 2018
When you’re pregnant, your body temperature can be slightly higher than normal. Summer followed by monsoon heat and humidity can add to this and makes you feel hotter, which can worsen the pregnancy symptoms you already have. Plus, there are several ingredients in your regular cosmetic products that may harm you or the baby. Hence it is advisable to follow below tricks to be able to cope up with pregnancy in summer or monsoon.
Tips & Tricks to Get Glowing Skin During Summer Pregnancy
Therefore, you must be careful about your skincare regime. Here are tips on how to take care of your skin and body while pregnant:
- Stayhydrated: Keep yourself hydrated by drinking lots of water. Summer heat tends to cause dehydration, so it is recommended you drink 8 to 15 glasses of water a day to stay hydrated. Make sure you always carry a bottle of water when you’re out and about.
- Healthy meals: Include lots of fresh fruits and juices to your diet to beat the heat. Cucumber, watermelon, tomatoes, lemon, etc. should all be added.
- Dress cool: Wear light coloursin the summer, and as muchcotton as you can, since it’s quite comfortable. Maternity clothes like maxis, gowns that allow air flow and decrease sweating are recommended. Avoid wearing body hugging dresses.
- Hair care: If you have long hair, tie it into a bun or a high pony tail to provide free air circulation to your neck and back.
- Sunscreen: Pregnancy can make your skin very sensitive. When you step out, apply a good sunscreen with SPF 35, and a lip balm with SPF15 to protect your lips too. Don’t forget to wear your sunglasses, and always carry a scarf in your bag.
- Restrict outdoor activities: Going outdoors to get fresh air is good, but in summer, restrict your outdoor activities to early morning or evening. Avoid going out in peak hours (11 AM to 5 PM). Also exercise or do yoga, either in the early mornings or late evenings.
- Visit a dermatologist: As a mother to be, you must be watchful of any skin rash, itchy skin or any other dermatological issues. Go to a good dermatologist for medical skin advice as soon as you notice any of these symptoms. Get yourself checked regularly.
- Get rest: Sleep and rest are important factors for a mother to be. Sleeping helps to eliminate stress, plus the summer heat can make you more tired. Take time for yourself and relax by reading a book, listening to music or meditating.
How are you taking care of your skin during pregnancy? Share your tips and tricks with us in the comments below!
| Jun 15, 2017
| Jun 12, 2017
Thanks a lot for the information...
| May 05, 2017
taking showers help beat the heat.