Symptoms of Febrile Convulsions
Created by Dr Himani Narula Khanna Updated on Mar 16, 2020
These are some of the Febrile Convulsion Fever Symptoms for you to note. It may present with abnormal jerking of the entire body or one half of the body.
- Abnormal deviation of the eyes or face
- Abnormal sensations.
- Transient loss of consciousness (become dazed, blackout )
- Bizarre behaviour or blank stare
- Children may wet or soil themselves.
- May appear to stop breathing and turn slightly blue.
- They often fall in deep sleep afterwards.
Do's and Don’ts For the Parents - Febrile Convulsion Fever
Do's in Febrile Convulsion Fever
- stay calm and stay with your child.
- If possible note the time when seizure starts or ends.
- loosen tight clothing
- role your child onto the side or in recovery position.
- Move your child away from harmful objects like furniture with sharp corners, water and fire sources.
- wipe off any secretions from mouth or face.
Don’ts in Febrile Convulsion Fever
- do not panic
- do not try to restrain or hold your child.
- do not put anything in your child’s mouth.
- do not try to put your child in cold or lukewarm water to cool off.
Also read: Solutions for febrile convulsions