This Rakhi get innovative with recipes!
Created by Foram Modi Updated on Aug 05, 2017
Any festival is incomplete without some sweets or desserts and every time same old sweets like coconut laddoo, kaju katli becomes boring. So then what to do? Here are some easy to make and healthy recipes for you.
1. Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Recipe
- Water-1 cup
- Apple Juice -¼ cup
- Apple (cored and chopped) -1
- Rolled Oats -2/3 cup
- Cinnamon (ground-1 tsp
- Milk-1 cup
How to make Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal:
- Boil water, along with apple juice and apples in a saucepan over high heat.
- Bring to a boil and add rolled oats and cinnamon.
- Mix well and reduce the heat to low.
- Simmer for about 3 minutes, until mixture thickens.
- Transfer into serving bowls and pour milk equally into each bowl or serve as shown in picture.
- Serve warm.
Note: You can add nuts to garnish
2. Guava Ginger & Lime Smoothie
- Guava (medium size) - 1 ripe
- Ginger juice-1 table spoon
- Juice of half lime
- Sugar or honey as needed
- Pinch of salt
How to make Guava Ginger & Lime Smoothie
- Peel and chop the guava into small pieces.
- In a blender, blend together chopped guava, ginger juice, lime juice, sugar or honey and pinch of salt to a smooth puree.
- Add enough of water to get a consistency of a smoothie. Strain the juice to remove the seeds.
- Serve the smoothie either chilled in refrigerator or by adding ice cubes.
Note: You can alter the quantity of ginger juice and lime juice according to your own preference.
3. Mango tango roll
- 600 ml double toned milk (1.5% fat)
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 medium Alphonso mangoes
- 5 tsp powdered sugar
How to make Mango tango roll
- Bring milk to the boil and turn off flame. Immediately add lemon juice and stir until milk curdles. Strain through a muslin cloth, making sure all the liquid or whey is removed. What remains in the cloth is paneer.
- Crumble the paneer and churn in a blender for 5-7 seconds while it is still hot. Remove into a flat plat and immediately add the powdered sugar. Mash thoroughly using your hand until completely smooth (approximately 5 minutes).
- Divide into 12 parts and set aside.
- Cut 12 thin, flat slices from the fullest part of the mangoes.
- Place one part of the mashed paneer on the centre of each mango slice. Roll inwards, so that the mango envelopes the paneer.
- Repeat for all 12 rolls.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate.
Hope you enjoyed these delicious recipes. Did you also try some new sweets and snacks this Rakhi? Please do share your recipes with us in the comments section below…
Happy Rakhi, and Happy parenting!!!
| Aug 06, 2017
Wow wonderful recepies, I am gonna try mango tango roop it seems interesting and yummy. Thank you so much .