5 Tips To Teach Your Toddler About The Meaning Of Vasant Panchami
Created by Ujwala Pawar Updated on Jan 22, 2018
Vasant Panchami is the festival, which marks the beginning of spring season while also celebrating the birth of goddess of art, music and knowledge – Ma Saraswati. The name originates from the Sanskrit, vasant, meaning "spring"; and panchami, meaning "fifth day."
The festival is celebrated on the fifth day of the lunar month of Magha, which falls on January or February. As Saraswati is the goddess of knowledge, it is considered an auspicious day to give children their first reading or writing instruction. The festival marks new beginnings and happiness and is viewed to begin good works in general.
How To Teach Your Toddler About The Festival?
Here are some of the ways you can educate your toddler about the importance of Vasant Panchami.
- Seeking blessings: Vasant Panchami is all about Goddess Saraswati who is known as the goddess of knowledge and wisdom. You can give your child knowledge about the goddess and also give him/her books and pencils and teach him/her his/her first lesson towards education. Before that you can ask your child to place his/her book before the idol of the goddess to seek blessings
- Traditional attire: You can have your child dressed up bright yellow traditional attire and teach him/her the significance of the same. Since festivals are the time to wear our best traditional outfits, buy your child a new one, in yellow color to mark the significance of this festival
- Socialization: As you will be preparing sweets on this occasion, have your little one participate in the same, let him or her prepare the balls for laddu, or roll out the dough for some puri or a sweetened chappati, which can be later served to the entire family, relatives and friends. It will also help your child understand the value of socialization on special occasions
- Value of education: Being the day to celebrate the birth of goddess of knowledge and wisdom, teach your toddler the importance of education and how he/she can keep his/her books and other stationary neatly. You may also educate your child about sharing his or her knowledge with the less privileged children by donating either the new books and stationery or the used ones. Either way, the less privileged children will bless you for sharing it with them
- Visiting temples: You can take your little one to the temple of Goddess Saraswati to seek blessings. This will teach your child to remain humble and follow religious practices also
Enjoy the blossoming of flowers this spring season as you celebrate Vasant Panchami with your little one.
Did you like the blog on vasant panchami? Share your thoughts and feedback in the comments section below.
| Jan 22, 2018
very apt blog, to explain children the significance of vasant Panchmi! thanks for sharing!
Some custom error
Some custom error