Winter skincare tips for mums-to-be
Created by Ridhi Doomra Updated on Jan 01, 2018
Being pregnant should only make you look more beautiful. Yes, pregnancy can be overwhelming with mood swings and body changes taking over, but let this not take your overall attention. As the days get shorter and the temperature begin to decline, on go the sweaters and boots and off go the shorts and sandals. Your spirit may be singing the praises of autumn and spring, but your skin cries out loud with the winter blues- dry scaly, rough, spots on heels, knees and elbows.
Especially in winters, pregnant women need to little more conscious and careful in regards to their skin regime. There are certain skincare tips for winter pregnancy.
1. Avoid Chemicals: Not all cosmetic products are compatible during pregnancy. There are several ingredients that may harm a mother-to-be or the baby inside the womb. Products having bleaching agent can be harmful for both the mother to be and the baby inside.
2. Stay Hydrated: First and foremost you need to drink plenty of water. Drink at least 2 liters of water, which flushes out all the toxins and also maintains amniotic fluid which is good for the baby in the womb.
3. Avoid Sun and Use Sun Block: Pregnant women undergo many hormonal fluctuations which make their skin more sensitive, which also becomes prone to darkening and pigmentation. Avoiding the hormonal imbalance is not practical but what you can avoid is going out in the sun and try and use sunblock with SPF 30++.
4. Diet and Exercise: Avoid eating junk and food outside. Stick to healthy, organic, homemade food including green leafy vegetables, pulses, fruits, salads, which will give nutrition to the skin. Also opt for yoga for pregnant women and little of walk in the fresh air will not only be good for your skin but will give you the feel good factor for both the mother to be and the baby.
5. Maintain Good Skin Regime: In winters moisturizing the skin is basic. Due to excess cold, skin becomes prone to breakouts and dryness, hence needs to be treated early in advance.
6. Try Home Made recipes for skin: Best way to take care of your skin during winter is to use raw milk as cleanser. You may mix corn and honey to make a home-made scrub. Get good head oil message. To prevent stretch marks apply fresh Aloe Vera and Coconut oil.
These are a few skincare tips that I have shared. What skincare regime did you follow during winter? I would love to hear from you in the comments section below. Please do share your thoughts and feedback.
| Jan 03, 2018
thnx 4 sharing