6. 5 month baby not consuming adequate milk

Shruthi Padaki

My son is 6. 5 months old and he has been formula fed. since a month his intake of milk has come down drastically. He eats solid food like ragi,cerelac ,fruits. He sucks his thumb a lot. Espcially during night, he hardly takea 30-60ml and wakes up every 2hrs. I am bit worried. PEAD said he is normal. Has anybody face the same situation? Need expert advice

• 3

Neha Jain

Hi. It's normal for a child to be moody. There can be a lot of reasons for a kid not consuming anything and it is sure to develop worries in parents Reasons which I can think of. 1. Since he is introduced to solids now, may be he does not like the taste of the milk anymore. Try giving him milk in different forms like banana or chikoo milkshake. Very thin consistency though. Try giving him milk in form of oats, kheer etc. 2. If he does not take milk per say, give him other milk products Ike Paneer, cheese, curds, yogurt, shrikhand etc. 3. A personal suggestions for every parent is to try to male baby food at home instead of relying on ready foods like cerelac and likes. Yes it is convenient but eventually trains your child to develop a sweet tooth. The decision remains with the parents however. 4. Teething could be another issue for loss of appetite. Actually it is not the reason for loss of appetite, but since the itchiness is on the child does not like anything to go in the mouth. Home made teethers is a very good and the best option. 5. Stomach infection is another reason why a child may loose appetite. A doc consultations is the only suggestion here

Shruthi Padaki

Thanku pooja.... will. surely try

Puja Gera

Your baby could be teething. Look for signs like chewing the lip, putting things in the mouth, refusal to suck (on the breast or bottle). If your baby is teething, offer a cold or frozen teether to soothe inflamed gums. You could massage his gums with a clean cold finger, or a cold washcloth. You can also offer a thick, cold strip of carrot, apple, pear, beet, cucumber for him to chew o n. It'll soothe him, and will be nutritious too. Hope this helps.

sleep

my baby is 3 months old she is not sleeping in the night .day time she vl never..

baby have gas problem

My baby have gas problem.. she cries due to it... please help me with remedies.

which is best suited for baby biting. ni..

Hi my baby going to complete 8 months in few days. He usually takes mother feedi..

formula milk storing

how much time I can store formula milk in room temperature ( a. c or non a. c)?

my baby is 3 months old from yesterday s..

my baby is 3 months old from yesterday she is doing green colour liquid poo

i am working women.

my son is 2 months old. i am working women. i will feed my baby using manual bre..

poop frequency

my 2and half month old today pooped only once... till yesterday it was 4 times....