About Feed

Anita Auti

Updated on Dec 08, 2015

My baby is 5 month 15 days old I want to start some solid food Can u plz advise how to proceed Step wise Thx

• 5
Chandni

My baby is also same age and as per my doctor's advice I had introduced food to her at 4 months. Though I used to give once a day and also on alternate days in the beginning for te purpose of introducing only. You can give mashed bananas, boiled n mashed apples , mashed khichdi and daal Ka pani n soups. But make sure you introduce only one food in a day so that you get to know if baby is allergic to any of them. Also start with a very small portion say one ounce. Even if the child is liking it n asking for more don't give more quantity. I did this and she got loose motions. The purpose at this age is just to introduce the food and not fill the tummy. Once your child is used to the taste and you are sure about allergies you can increase the quantity

Gaurav Garg

Is it OK to use foil for steaming the apple or should it be avoided?

Latika Ratti

Start with semi solid after six months. Naachni, mashed banana, mashed papaya, dal ka pani, chawal ka pani.. infact u can give all seasonal fruits but mashed. My doctor had given me food chart and used to update it timely. Please do follow your doctor's advice.

preeti

you should only breast feed baby till 6month

preeti

You can give banana mashed,apple puree,cerlac