About IGCSE... A and AS level

Geetha Anandan

Anyone have idea abt IGCSE 'A' and 'AS' level?! After finishing this level.. ,I think it's hard to get admission in "medical " by merit ...is it true?

Carol

Hi Geetha, By medical do you mean Indian medical colleges? yes as you said it's hard but not impossible. There is no rule or law that stops your child from appearing for AIPMT unless your child is a foreign passport holder. With proper planning and time management one would be able to crack the entrance test. Any CBSE / ICSE student would need extra preparation for the entrance test. An A level student can also prepare for the same and give the entrance test. But it can be an additional pressure/ burden for your child. The reason is AIPMT is integrated with CBSE curriculum in most schools just like how international schools integrate SAT within their curriculum. So CBSE students will find it much more easier to crack the exam than AS/A level students. CIE/ edexcel focuses on HOTS but not only facts/ content So the AS/A level students have to get trained to follow the AIPMT exam pattern. But it requires an extraordinary amount of hard work in addition to their regular A levels as A levels by themselves are harder than CBSE. At the same time, A level students would find easier to clear GAMSAT, UKCAT or MCAT as the pattern follows their own curriculum i. e critical thinking, written analysis, problem solving along with scientific principles. Hope this clarifies your doubt.

behavior

day by day she is becoming very rude and arrogant. always misbehaving with paren..

son not interested in studying

he doesn't want to study especially Hindi. All means tried. What to do

How to remove stress during Examination..

My child has high stress during Examinations , sometimes he has headache during..

studying

my daughter is not interested study what I do

education

My daughter is not interested in study. what can I do

study

my son is not interested in study what I do

study

my son was topper in his school but last year he did not score even 90 percent...

motivation for study

how to motivate out child to study well