Hobbies

Activities for toddlers

Aditya

Updated on Dec 11, 2014

HI, My son is 2 and 1. 2years old. I was wondering what interesting activity(eg. a drawing class,singing etc) classes can I start with my child. Need your suggestions what is advisable as per you'll for this age group.

• 8

hey Preeti, I agree with Carol, perhaps this is a time when you can provide him opportnities for free, unrestricted and unstructured learning. There will always be classes and courses to attend. Let him enjoy the outdoors for now :)

Yamini

carol, i respect your suggestions. they always work with my child.

Yamini

Rajat

Hi Preeti, while you might want to enrol your son for an activity, it is also important to give him time for free play or unstructured activity. this will help him develop his confidence and also encourage curiosity. consider a planned activity like classes after a year, i feel.

Dr Vipul

Dancing class is a good idea. Or playing in park with them drawing, building blocks is a good idea.

Reena

Take them to near by garden , play some simple game which will let them do some physical activty .would help them to sleep on time as well

Parul Ankita Gupta

Hi take them for cycling and more of outdoor activities. Say watering plants etc

Ankita A Talwar

Hi Preeti, a drawing class maybe a good idea if he has an interest and you want to teach him to focus and do some activity sitting down. Also, you can consider a dance class. Children of this age love hopping around to music and it will also teach him better control over his large motor skills, following instructions, and doing an activity in a group setting. Decide on his interest, and whether he likes to be by himself and do something or whether he is someone who loves being in a group.