Always silent at School

Madhavi

My daughter is 5 years old. She is in UKG now. She is quite active and talkative at home. She is not very sharp but learns quite well. At home she is able to recite rhymes, write alphabets, small words, and numbers etc. However, once she goes to school she doesn't open her mouth and doesn't write anything at all. This has been the case since her pre-school days. We thought she will change as she grows but there has been little change. Earlier she never used to interact with any other kids. Her teacher says that she interacts with other kids once in a while now.     She went to pre-school in US, studied LKG in 3 different schools (due to movements and my 2nd pregnancy) in India, and is in UKG in a different school.     What should we do? Why do you think she is like this? Any thoughts or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Dasd Asdfasdf

hi

Madhavi

@Nitin, she has made some friends at school. She keeps talking about them at home. @Carol, thanks for your detailed response. We will try doing things you have suggested.

Madhavi - has she made any friends at the school? Does she like her school and teachers?

daughter

hi my daughter is 5 years and 6 month. she is not mature. she has to scold us al..

My daughter is 3 year's .Is this age is..

All are saying,that don't admitted her in nursery.

Activities for a 4year old

Hello all,please suggest activities or summer camps for a four year old boy in w..

school

how to get ready before sending to school

Concern about study

my 5 year old child don't want to study when i trying to study him ,he never lis..

About my son's education

Hi my son is five ten eight month.. he a good responding n hyperactive kid.. but..

My child lacks concentration