Anemia in Children

Akanksha

Please advise some good / healthy /tasty and easy to cokk recipe which helps in curing Anemia of young Kids, ay other suggestion and views are also welcomed. Need advise how on how to detect if any child is suffering from Anemia.

• 5

akanksha

Thanks Neetu & AM for valuable advise..

one more thing... Dates.. one date is more than enough for 1yr old.

our doc diagnose.. anemia in my 8months old... i researched a lot on net.. things which is easy to give and get easily in market as i didnt wanna give him many medicines... 1. seasame seeds(rich of iron) soak overnight put in chapati and in atta dough or any other way u feel better.. 2. Almond (soak overnight) I used to grate almonds n used to put in daliya or oats. In winters u can make almond powder 3. make flour of wheat, black chaana, joou (put all in equal quantity)... u can make chapati/chilla/ pan cake for the child. This is rich of iron. I believe if u'll give all these three everday u dont need to give any iron medicine to the child and it wil help chid to increase weight as well.

For iron deficiency anemia you can give your child iron rich foods such as soybeans, lentils, Spinach, olives, green beans, kidney beans (rajma),lettuce, whole grains, dry fruits and nuts. Also, iron gets absorbed better if combined with vitamin c foods. So you may want to follow up a bowl of palak paneer with a glass of orange juice.

Hi Akanksha, a child with anemia would get tired easily, have pale skin,lips and nails, experience breathlessness,dizziness and excessive fatigue. Anemia also causes irritability, rapid heartbeat and headaches. The child may have concentration issues and difficulty doing everyday tasks. Untreated anemia can cause developmental problems in young children. Your child's doctor will be able to say for sure if he/she really has anemia and of which type, as there are several types of anemia.

baby appetite

hiii all, can you plzz help me . my baby is 9 month old and from last few days s..

How to make homemade cerelac for 6+ mont..

Hi moms Can u pls tell me the recipes (not only Cerelac all recipes)

When to start solid food

My baby boy is of 3 months he is on both bf and formula milk. when should i star..

Cerelac or nestam

Which one is better cerelac or nestam for my 6months old daughter..

Proteinex

From when I give my baby proteinex in milk

nutrition

hii my baby is 1year old,,,,she weight is 7. 30 kg only,but she is taken any foo..

Feeding

My baby sometimes become very much irritated and for what reason I am unable to..

Diarhoea

Hi does cerelac causes diarrhoea? I started feeding my 9 month old . She develop..