Are plastic bottles safe for the baby?

Updated on Sep 26, 2019

Hi. I am using AVENT for feeding milk to my baby. But, sometimes I feel that I shouldn't use these plastic ones. Any advice on that? And, could you please suggest good brands for glass feeding bottles?

• 9

Ohh. Thank you

Hey use glass bottle of giggles i also use it and it's gud ☺

Jansi Tripuraneni with Glass bottles,i have had the same concern and learnt that a sterilizer is a must for whichever bottles we use. Bottles can be bad from a hygiene and infection point of view for the baby and that is why i invested in a sterilizer. So whichever bottle u use, make sure that u also get a sterilizer. Boiling bottles is not good enough. 🙂

Hi Preeti. Thanks for your reply. I was feeding with the spoon initially. But, when he had to see a doctor or get a vaccination done and we had to wait for a couple of hours, I used to take a bottle with me. He always refused to take the bottle as he was not used to drinking from a bottle. Then, my doc said that bottles are a better option than spoon as the child will get some kind of sucking that helps his Jaws. Heard this from my sisters too.

Hi Jansi, are you bottle feeding you baby? if yes you can try feeding milk with a small steel spoon, as a mother i hardly used plastic bottle for my daughter as i feel they are not good for any reason. Many a times its also unavoidable so try to feed with a steel spoon and as child grow up introduce glass. When you are outside or travelling you can keep bottle as an option.

Avent is supposed to be one of the best brands. I saw many mums using them. But, my concern is.. However good these brands can be, are they as safe as a glass bottle?

Ohh. I'll try them. Thank you

Hi Jansi Tripuraneni - look for medical grade and child safe bottles

Hi Jansi Tripuraneni ! Try Pigeon, Mee Mew and babyhug. Fellow parents please share your experience.

Always looking for healthy meal ideas for your child?

Get meal plans
Top Babycare Blogs