Baby care

Sindhu Bhagavathi

Updated on Nov 19, 2015

Dear all team. I am recently blessed with a baby bod, He is now at 20 days old. Feeling more happy that i blessed, but struggling inside that i am not able to feed him properly, as i am facing a problem while feeding him the mother milk, though i am producing enough milk but the breast organs ( Nipple's) are not responding properly, can any suggest me on this please....

• 6
sindhu bhagavathi

Thank you so much arunima. Your suggestions are priceless. Thanks once again. I will do as you suggested,.

Dear Sindhu. First few weeks of breastfeeding are always difficult and painful. But I would suggest that you dont give up. This is a completely normal process. Keep nursing your baby, use a good nipple cream like Boroline after feeding your baby each time. It keeps the nipple moist and prevents cracking, which is very painful. The more you nurse your baby, the more milk will be produced. Please dont give up or give your baby cow milk or formula. I had been through this and I remember how tough it was. So I encourage and urge you to keep nursing. Things will look up soon. Take care

Neha Chopra

Try using nipple shield and then directly. Don't give up as it takes time for both of you to adjust but don't b give him top feed else he will stop trying.

Nirupama Sreedhar

Please don't feed anything other than breast milk

sindhu bhagavathi

S, i spoke to the doc and doing the message regularly, wt my tension was as i am not feeding him properly the mother milk, and he is getting more addicted towards the cow milk and lactos proposed by doctors

Nupur Kale

Hi, congratulations! Have you spoken to the doc? You need to massage them regularly.