Baby completed 6 months. Need to begin outside food. What should I start with first? How much to feed home cooked food? How much to breast feed? What changes will take place in baby once I start food?

Siddhi Pandya

Updated on Sep 23, 2015

I have heard rice is usually the first food. But should I start with rice water? How many spoons to feed and how frequently? While doing this? When to breastfeed and when to give outside food? What changes happen in baby once he will start eating outer food?

• 2
dix

I am a mother of two. I started giving rice to my daughter when she completed 6 months. You can start too. Give her home made food, rice dal and whatever you cook at home minus spices. I used to blend the food in mixture grinder like paste and feed her. But don't use mixte grinder for long as your baby will not be able to swallow hard rice later. Once she learns to bite n swallow you can blend the with hand and feed her. Let me know if it helps.

Hi Siddhi, You may find these blogs helpful- https://www.parentune.com/parent-blog/homemade-baby-food-recipes-6-to-12-months/565