Baby weight and food

Chebolu Ashwini

Updated on Dec 14, 2015

Hi moms, My baby is 4 months and her weight is 5. 3 kgs.. She is having my milk only. Please suggest me can i put anything else other than my milk. As my pead said not to keep anything except my milk. Is it k

• 4
Chebolu Ashwini

Thank u all for ur valuable suggestions . when oi consult my pead he said my baby weight is good. So my issue is that apart from my milk can I put any fluids to her. Like apple juice carrot juice in a lil quantity..

gayatri chadwa

It depends on the birth weight of your baby... if it is increasing steadily i think it should be good.. still consult your pead.. happy parenting!!!

Gayathri K Sudhan

Maybe your baby is unable to establish a proper latch on and her intake is less. Try expressing milk after every breastfeed which can boost your lactation. In addition change your nutrition. Increase fluids and include calcium, iron supplements which would increase your breast milk supply

Archita Jha

Hi. I would suggest you trust your paed for s/he will be tracking your LO's progress the best. Additionally if you feel your baby isnt getting enough from your milk, then you can start on formulae but that you should do only after consultation with your paed. Happy parenting :)