Behavior

Nagarathna Kamath

Updated on Jun 02, 2017

My son is 4 year old is a super active child. He is having concentration issue also. At home I am giving him activity that's why he is very calm. When i take him to outside play area he is becoming hyperactive .I can't control him. He is keep on running while seeing otherkids. Yesterday he tried jumping from up .It is very high. After that I did massage to make him calmdown. as suggested our doctor. but it was not worked well. please give some ideas to make him calm. Do you is this normal?Daily I am doing hug and massage to make him cool.

• 4
Nagarathna Kamath

Thanks madam

Nagrathna! I thought so! that's okay nothing much to worry. u r doing a great job Nagrathna. I appreciate your efforts . u need to be really patient and calm in front of him. do take care of yourself as well.

Nagarathna Kamath

Thanks a lot shikha bhatra madam. i am following Concentration tips really working for my son .He is improving slovely. Now he can sit at least 5 to 10minutes .That's great improvement. For other issues we consulted neurologist,phycologist, psychiatrist. They are telling at this age it is difficult to diagnoise what exactly it is. But they are suspecting ADHD. We consulted so many doctors. if we give sweets and milk products,he is more active .can't control him. We are giving one medicine cognicare for brain development ..His school reopen in next week ...I really tensed about the situation.

hi Nagrathna Kamath! what your doctor has to say about him? have u got his assessment done by an expert? it is very important at this stage to identify the cause for his this behavior and u can work under the guidance of your doc and with the help of his teacher to deal with it . it seems he is more calm in a structured environment and as soon as he is left to be on his own in a free play he looses control.. someone is needed to be around so that he doesn't hurt himself. please plan his day , spend more time with him , do activities which help improve his concentration span. here's a blog by Carol, hope u will find the tips handy. Hey! I find this Parenting blog really interesting. I suggest you have a look too: https://www.parentune.com/parent-blog/tips-to-improve-concentration-levels-in-your-child/2298?ptref=sa0l000030g01ru

Top Child Psychology and Behaviour Blogs