blood in stool

Anamikahd

Dear all parents, Please give your suggestion if you have ever experienced this in your child. My daughter now 3 year old has blood in stool during viral infection (Fever 102 , diarrhoea, vomiting, abdominal pain). She had similar problem last december and then in april. 2015 and Now again in september. Her paediatrician adviced to have advise with some paediatric surgeon. But now she is ok with antibiotic course of 5 days.

• 2

anamikahd

Thanks a lot for your reply. It gives a bit relief.

Carol

Hi Anamikah, There can be many reasons for blood in stool such as constipation, a tear in tissues around rectum, some inflammation in the gastrointestinal tract (anywhere from esophagus to rectum). I think your daughter had gastroenteritis. heavy antibiotic can also cause gastroenteritis. if the bleeding is not heavy you need not worry. If she feels weak and there is heavy bleeding, then consult the surgeon immediately as per pediatrician's advice. Btw are you sure it's a viral infection. It has to be a bacterial infection as she was given antibiotics. Anyway avoid citrus fruits, spicy food and any outside food too. ensure she drinks clean water. if she goes for swimming lessons, then check if the water is clean. these are the main reasons why she gets recurring infection.

cough and cold

hlo... ur previous advice proved right and very helpful... Thanks... my son is s..

hello all, my daughter is 4 yrs and 4 mo..

concern about the height.

Regarding food

Hi.... my baby (4 years old) is not fond of eating... he only likes sweet eatabl..

thumb sucking

my daughter is 3 yrs old and she has a habit of sucking thumb and I have tried a..

3yr old daughter suffering from fever

my 3 n half yr old daughter suffering from fever due to heavy heat.. please sugg..

Speech

My 3 and half years old son has problem in speaking the words clearly. he speak..

my daughter is 3 year old she is addicte..

why she is eating salt as easy as sugar