Bonnisan or gripe water?

Purvi Patel

Updated on Oct 16, 2016

Hi,Is it necessary to give Bonnisan or Gripe water?My lo is 3m old. I use to give gripe water but then I stopped reading about it on net. My parents yell at me that why I don't give.

• 13
Navneet Kaur

u can give home made kadha .....boil ajwain in water add little sugar and pinch of salt to it ....it also works well but colic aid is best and it gives quick relief

Navneet Kaur

only colic aid I give... gripe water not recommended by docs or apply hing water on stomach for gas problem

Bindu Priya

I would suggest to use Neopeptine drops 8 drops once in a day which my doctor advised and if worked well on my baby fine. Use colic aid only when the baby cries excessively.

Prathyusha Pvk

my kid too had the same problem. when consulted the paediatrician,he advised to use bonnisan by Himalaya. I use it very rarely. The doctor advised to make kiddo burp twice during feed.. and also after feed. My mom suggested Applying castor oil on stomach.. as it relieves pain and any hear or gas in the stomach. which also works.

Raji Kumaresan

Hey!! my baby is just 2 months old n she too suffered same issue.. I know it's painful for both mum n baby it s not mandatory to give either of them daily.. check ur diet if u r breastfeeding .. follow colic relieving massage manure for ur baby on everyday basis. . give some tummy time which releases flatulence .. babies digestive system shud not be interrupted by any external aids which ll disturb their normal physiology ... . .

Top Health and Wellness Blogs