Breakfast Recipe

All age groups

Updated on Feb 26, 2015

Dear All, I am looking for easy recepies for b'fast. My son is 5 yr old. I want to make one b'fast for all at home. Dont want to make different for child and another for others.   I am working women. Pls share easiest yet tasty recipes. Generally I make: 1. Veg Sandwich  2. Toasts  3. Corn flakes with banana+apple+few nuts 4. Oats (which my son doesnt like at all) 5. Pohe with lots of veggies (he likes but doesnt eat much just 3-4 spoons)   South indian dishes my family doent like at all.   Pls suggest. Thanks. Aarti               

• 12
Amita Marwah Sharma

you can have rice idli. can also make rava(suji) idli. rava chila. besan chila with some vegetables in it like beans. onion. capsicum. carrot

Surabhi Chatterjee

Try vegtable dalia with some seasoning. Its yummy and super healthy :)

Dear Nikita, Monica, Swati, Shruti, Sneha, Rashmi, Leena thanks so much to share your lovely idea.... Will definately try. Thanks again.

renu

Hey Leena can u please tell me the quantity of egg and milk for french toast

Leena Ireland

U can also make French toast just beat the egg with milk and sugar as per reur taste dip the bread quickly and fry it on the tava.

Rashmita Mishra

you can try with, shoked poha and banana mixed together,add milk and sugar as per taste,its easy to prepair,also my kid likes it,also its healthy. you can also try gratted carrot and potato upma.. for this you can grate the carrot and potato the before night and store it in fridge. next day just add onion ,tomato,green chilly and this grated items,add water ,give a boil and add sooji and it will be readdy,u can also add green matar to it,,it will take 10 mins to prepair,and my kid likes a lot... else the easiest option is idly.. with milk...

Sneha

Try vegetable pasta as well.

Shruti

Chilla -> Mix Besan,Suji,Rice flour (I also add Ragi in small quantity as its rich in calcium). Chopped onions and Masala oats ... Mix it in little curd to have a tangy taste.

Shruti

Monika

Aarti Mehan, mattara (white dried peas) boiled and served with chaat masala, sprouts salad, namkeen seviyaan are some good options too

Aarti Mehan you could try small pizzas. Very easy. buy pizza bases (wholewheat if you want). chop veggies (mushroom capsicum onion) and keep ready at night. grate cheese. keep in fridge. in the morning add salt, pepper, oregano. put pizza sauce on bases, pile with veggies and cheese and put on grill for 3 mins or in oven. in the meantime you can finish your other morning chores. you can make bread pizza also in the same way.

Aarti Mehan, you could try mix vegetable patties or tikkis. the prep of this could be done the previous night (mix boiled aloo, with peas, carrots, gobi or any seasonal stuff, onion, corainader etc). the next morning just roast it with little oil on a non-stick. could be served with or without bread. Also, try besan chilla. put a light layer of tomato sauce and roll and give it to your son to eat. he can eat it on the way to school. hope these suggestions help.