Breast feeding.

Shilpa Ghosh

Updated on Oct 01, 2015

My breast milk is not sufficient. Want to increase supply of milk. What should I eat to increase the supply. Please suggest. ,

• 7
Satya

Oats also helps you a lot.

Shilpa Ghosh

Thanks to all for the suggestions.... I will surely try the things out....

Vaishu Uthish

Hi.. take ghee fried garlic wid rice it ll increased ur breast milk soon.... it helps me a lot...

Priyanka Verma

Eating daliya wid milk, ajwain,fruits, semisolid diet and lots of fluids are supposed to increase breast milk.

Priyanka Verma

Medini Gaddikeri

try having shatavari lehya by SN pandit, its available in most ayurvedic shop, cover has instructions as how to consume, it helped me a lot

Hi Shilpa, it is believed that eating warm things such as jeera etc help in increasing breastmilk, but i don't think there is any evidence to you. There are some supplements such as lactonic available which can help. You can ask your gynaecologist about them. But then again, each mothers milk is sufficient for her child so even though you feel you are not producing enough, if your child is growing, it means it is enough for him. SO, don't stress. Infact, the more you stress, the more difficult it will be for you to feed your baby. There are somethings that can help in the let down of the milk and make it available to the child--drinking plenty of fluids, especially before breastfeeding, having a healthy nutritious diet of lots of fibre fruits and vegetables (and not fat) can help. But remember at the end of the day, all mothers feel like they are not lactating enough but the fact is that they are as nature has planned it that way. so, don't worry and feed as often as the child wants and as often as you can. the more you feed, the more your body will produce milk.