breast feeding

Surbhi Arora

hello mommies, I am a lactating mom of seven month old baby girl and 4year old boy. I am giving my baby girl combination of formula milk and breast feed along with semi solid food four meals in a day. I am feeling depressed whenever i left her and spend some time with my son she use to cry alot. I don't know what is wrong. I can't work while she is awake, can't spend time with my son while she is awake. she use to cry alot the cream of the cake is while feeding her formula milk she wants my milk and continuously cry during feeding time which make me depressed. don't know what to do please suggest and response. thanks a ton

• 4
Surbhi Arora

thank you

Surbhi since u r in a nuclear family set up, your child has seen u around, most of the times so she has got used to it. secondly separation anxiety at this age is not uncommon.. u need to take her out , say to the park , neighborhood or her Grandparents house for few days ,and make her see others . her discomfort would intensify , if exposure to the world outside is not given. make a routine to take her to the park everyday.

Surbhi Arora

hi Shikha thank you for your response but the situation is different from my side I live in nuclear family so don't have anyone to look after. secondly, I don't know the reason why my girl is crying is it normal? she cry alot... and don't want to share my attention with anyone.

hi Surbhi Arora! I completely understand your concerns. it's indeed a difficult task to juggle between home and two kids . I believe if she doesn't like formula feed u could continue breastfeefing her during the day when she is awake and formula feed when she is about to sleep or is sleeping. as far as managing your lil one is concerned plan her routine in such a manner that u r able to give your son time when she sleeps. spend time with both whenever feasible such as take both of them out together to park, or story telling for both . also u could take help of your family members in taking care of lil one, once she if fed. the more time u will spend with her , more she will get used to u and will not allow others to do chores for her. so make sure she spends one to two hours with others as well. hope this will be of help to u!