Breastfeeding problem

Nagea Sadia

Baby is not suckling well. My breast are full even after feed.

• 7
Zohra Saif

Hey,if nothing is working out then try using silicon nipples. Improper shape of nipples could be d reason of not sucking well.

Avani Gadhai

Hi, try to pump your breasts when you feel its full. Minimum of 5-6 Sprouts of breastmilk should flow out. If droplets come out instead of sprouts, then you need to clear your nippels. Baby cannot suck much milk in such situation. Imagine your breasts as shower and nipples as shower nozzel. The nozzel needs to be free of blockages for free flow.

Parinita MITHUN

Hi, I also had same problem with my baby when he was a week old, I visited lactation specialist, she told me some techniques,now I don't face any issue :-).

Neha Bishnoi

If she doesn't latch properly, then put finger slowly in her mouth and make her leave the breast then try again. Ensure that she takes complete aerola(the dark-skinned portion around nipple). But she will cry if she is not full so if she is not crying then her tummy will be full.

Nagea Sadia

She cries if I remove her from the nipples even after an hour. I feel she is not satisfied. How to make her latch well. She is not taking entire nipples in mouth as her mouth is too small.

sriyamuna Lawrence

Hi.. It's not necessary that breast should feel empty after baby is satisfied.. Just make sure that baby is not crying for feed..

Neha Bishnoi

Hi. Pls ensure that baby is latched properly as that could be only reason. If baby is not crying and satisfied then baby is full .

Top Food and Nutrition Blogs