Breastfeeding

Krishnaveni Karthik

Updated on Oct 24, 2015

How to increase my milk secretion? Wat and all I can eat daily. My baby s one month old. Crying for every half an hour. Feeling my milk s not enough for her. Feeling worried. Pls help moms

• 6
jayshree mehta

Shatavari powder is good to get enough milk.. easily available on chemist

priya Auditya

My baby is 1. 5 month I have problem in breastfeeding.

krishnaveni karthik

Thanks for ur reply

Upasna Bhanot

Eat healthy, fresh and nutritious diet. Avoid yam, whole pulses, cabbage, cauliflower, peanuts... Include asefotida, fennel, cumin& ajwain in your diet (try having little ajwain & fennel post each meal, you can add mishri also as it will cut the pungency of ajwain). Consume lots of liquids including milk, water... Once baby starts movement the gassyness will reduce.

Garima Das

Include pulses in your diet daily especially Masoor daal. Sabudane ki kheer and dalia also helps in milk formation. Have milk twice a day ,you can add Lactonic to it . Apart from these have lots of fluid. Have healthy and light diet in small intervals.

Upasna Bhanot

Crying may be due to gas,this is normal as baby has very less movement. Home remedy - apply warm asefotida heated in desi ghee on baby's navel and tummy region, do this once every 3 hours or so and move baby's limbs; do not attempt this post drinking milk. The more baby sucks the more milk is produced, always burp the baby post feeding, in case baby good off to sleep hold him at shoulder and holding this position for 15 minutes minimum. To increase milk production view blog for the same. Do not worry all will be well.