brown rice...

Jasmine

i n my husband hve switched on to eatin brown rice since a fortnight. my 2 yr old daughter also had it n seems to like it. hence i hve been giving her a small cup full of brown rice since 4-5 days. all i wanted to ask is is it ok to give brown rice on a daily basis to her or do i need to follow any quantity precaution? n is it ok to give her lots of ghee too?

• 5

jasmine

thank u shikha.... :-)

Dear jasmine! U have taken a right decision to switch over to brown rice. It's has many health benefits over white rice. It has got many micronutrients, fiber, iron many times more than white rice. So u need not worry about the quantities u r giving. The only thing u shd care about it is difficult to digest. it should be well cooked so that the child can easily chew. if given with curd and dal it will become easier to eat and also a wholesome meal. As far as fat is concerned a 2 years old would need 33 to 45 gms of fat. Fat also helps in cognitive development. So if u r giving ghee within this limit it should be ok.

jasmine

thanx anurima.. ws lukin frwd to ur comments.. u make parentin much easier... :-)

Dear Jasmine. Brown rice is considered to be healthier than white rice. They are higher in nutritional content and it is completely safe to let your child eat it too. You may give it to her as you would give her white rice. Let her eat it as long as she wants as you know children lose interest in one thing very quickly so she may want to switch back to white rice suddenly one day :)

jasmine

plz advice.

can I give bread to my 1 yr 5 months daughter

plz suggest me 18month old baby ko raat me specially kya khana du..... all my i..

Underweight & won't eat

My younger son nearing 3years won't eat anything

fooding

both my children one 6 and other 1 yr old are under weight even if they r taking..

hello. my baby not interested in food. w..

I have a two and half year baby boy. he hate eating food . everyday I fight to f..

my daughter not eating food

my daughter is not eating food she wants milk to drink very fussy about food

diet chart

plz tell me proper diet chat with quantity for my 16month old son,,,

Feeding routine for 20 months old

Hello moms, PL help me with the feeding routine(with time intervals) of a 20 mo..