Bullying at school

Megha

How can we protect our kids when they are at school? We cannot be with them 24/7 and if some kids of their age bully or try to act rowdy with them what is the best advice that we can give them? How do we train them for that?

Megha

But because of an incident that occured last week at my son's and niece's school was a bit concerned. She's in class one and one of the boys happened to kick and then push her friend against a desk which resulted in her friend losing her two front teeth. We know that kids do fight and push and all but this is sooo bad that too when they are just in grade one. So was quite worried. Thanks Ravina and Nita :)

Megha

Thanks Kritika, Anisha, Nikita

Kritika

Hi Megha, while we cannot stop others, we can teach our children not to be afraid of anyone or anything and to take a stand. they have to be brought up in an environment of trust where they come home and share everything with their parents. Also like Nikita, said, be involved in the child's school. what kind of friends he has, what do they do, invite them home to see if they are right company for your child.

Anisha

Tell your children to not react themselves and report to teachers if in school .Or ask them everyday whats happening in school. ask about frinds and how are they doing

Megha, I think the best way is to be involved with the child by asking him subtle questions once he is back from school. did he get into a fight with anyone? did he eat all his snack or shared it with someone? through the child's answers, you will notice if something is amiss. also, visit the school frequently. have a chit chat with the faculty. these will also tell you if there is an unnatural difference in the child's behaviour in school and home. if you are able to catch an unnatural thing before it becomes big, it is best for the child.

Ravina

Megha, The best way is to equip your child. tell him to stay away from children who are rowdy, or bullies. In case someone bullies them, to tell the bully firmly to stop it, and report it to the teacher who will then take measures. It is a difficult situation but unfortunately a true one also.

Nita Sahni

Hi Megha! Please look at this article. I found it handy. https://www.parentune.com/parent-blog/bullying-timely-intervention-and-action/163

pre school education

hey my son is 3 years 4 months old just now we joined in pre school .but in that..

home work

he knows 1 to 50 numbers how to write but he never try to write actually he don'..

studies

my son doesn't have interest in studies he wants to play every time

hello friends, I am to well educated and..

he learn word and speak. he doesn't see latters and read

my daughter's education and discipline

hai sir/madam, my daughter is too naughty and a very talkative during class hou..

crying for going to pre School

my son is 3 years 4 months yesterday only I joined my son to pre School today he..

how to improve writing skills

Hi, my kid is 6+ years old. He has ASD , but he is able to read nicely and writ..