Car towed away with child inside. Parents shopping.

Praveen Premkumar

Came across an article this morning in the Times of India - where a car was towed away with a child inside - when the parents had stepped out to buy medicines. A few questions came to my mind, and thought it was ideal to post it here:- 1. The child was sick and sedated - Was it right for the parents to leave the child inside and go buy medicines? Specially when the car was parked in a no parking area 2. Was it right for the towing co to tow the car away despite seeing the window down and the child inside?   Who is wrong here? The parents or the towing company? Or am i just blowing this issue out?  

• 6

Who is to blame? Both the parents and the towing company, but I suppose the onus for the safety of a child lies mostly with his own parents. Isnt it quite obvious how dangerous leaving a child in a car could be. Havent we heard enough stories of children dying in the heat (happened in Chennai), or just CO poisoning? Especially if the child was sedatd, he could not cry out, so he is completely helpless against anything. The towing company, like all Indian services showed absolute inconsideration, if they knew there was a child inside the car. They could have just called the nearest police constable and booked the car. Such a shame.

that is exactly what i was thinking Gaurav, till the time there is concrete action/ punishment i don't think people understand the gravity of the situation.... here we do not have such rules resulting in such instances where the parents are now contemplating action against the cops .... its a shame ....

Gaurav

I have heard of such stories here is USA and in such cases parents are charged officially with negligance and Risking life (leads to their arrest) and the child is taken away from them by Social services...

it's such a downer, with so much of time being spent on the road and in malls, i wish there was a guideline for parents with watch-outs when on the road, in the mall, in a crowded place & so on...

Praveen Premkumar

Saw a follow up on this article in the news yesterday - where the parents were even contemplating action against the Cops.

I feel come what may , even if the child is sick ... one cannot leave an unattended child in the car ... simply not done .....

second baby

suggest me on 2nd pregnancy.... iam happy with one and hubby is not we are argui..

Dealing with my kids

I have three kids; a girl & two boys. Shortly after I had the third baby last ye..

numerology or shastra

whether to keep name according to numerology or shastra... according to numerolo..

face pimples

hello friends... i have small small pimples on my face i breastfeed my baby too...

hi

hi

hello

hello