Child (3. 5yrs) gets tired/sleepy in 2-3hrs.

Updated on Jul 04, 2013

Hi all,   My son(3. 5yrs) now a days wants to sleep more..... i mean he takes enough sleep in night n noon nap too... whn he gets up ...he again feel sleepy.... earlier he was quite active and after noon sleep he never gets tired n sleepy.... I  hv heard it happens due to lack iron deficiency. i give him b'ced diet. I m little bit concern for this new developement.   Could any of you suggest me/share ur experience... whether it is due to some defficiency or lack of proper diet OR its normal.  I hvnt weigh him for the last 4months but i believe his weight shud b ok.

• 8

No stomache is not a part of growth spurt. It could be due to stomach infection (gastroenteritis) or worms. Pls check for stools, if its watery, whitish etc. u can try deworming which is safe for the child if u have ruled out any kind of infection.

Is stomach upset or stomach pain is also part of growth spurt?

gaurima

Dear AM, if your child is eating nicely and showing no symptoms of any health concern ...it may be a phase as Dyuti suggested triggered by growth spurt or weather change or some other change may be in school. so the best option is to wait and watch for some time.

Dyuti

Dear AM. He could be going through a growth spurt. Children tend to sleep more and eat more when they are going through a growth spurt. If he otherwise seems normal, then you could wait it out. If he doesnt change after a few weeks, you could check with his doctor.

yes he sleeps within this range... but before this he never showed me such kind behaviour.... once he gets... he full of energy... n keeps on playing.... but now he feels tired easily... tht makes me worried.

Top Health and Wellness Blogs