Child mobile habit

Raj Kundra

My 1,1 year boy loves play qith my mobile. he cries when I take mobike from him. plz suggest...

• 4
Sudha

Hi, when my daughter was lil above 1 yr and when I noticed that she is getting too attached to my mobile, I stopped using it while she is ar ound. just used to answer the calls. No browsing in her presence. I would put her in pram n wheel her for a short walks,she used to see the sky, birds, vehicles around react to sounds. different colors of flowers excites kids, give the experience of walking on grass, sand etc kids love tickling sensation on their feet. when its meal time, I used to give different sizes of objects mostly kitchen utensils that can be stacked into one big vessel. different crayons and paper for her to scribble while I feed her. if she is not interested in any of these then play rhymes on TV. it really took a big time for me to divert her from mobile. she used to be cranky n used search in all possible places to trace my mobile. I would give her mobile only for few minutes when we both sit after finishing all chores and video chat with grandparents n at times to watch her rhymes. today she is not very attached to mobile or tabs. she is good at using them but her usage is carefully monitored n limited.

hi Raj kundra! u need to offer him something more interesting so that he doesn't feel the need to watch a mobile. sometimes when we loose our mobile , we are left with no option but to stay without it until we buy a new one. that break might pinch a lot intially but over a period of time we might get used to it. similar is the case with kids. for them' out of sight ,out of mind' strategy works the best. so make sure u will not use mobiles in front of him, which is lil difficult to practice but would be a successful strategy . secondly, it would require lil more hard work from your end, probably your wife will narrate the story of a monkey one day and u or she herself would be required to enact like one or it could be a role play of a baby the other day. u will have to be innovative . the more the drama , the better the result. so the crux of the story is to offer him real life characters who are more catchy and interesting than even those in the mobile. or u could sit with him in the balcony and show him birds chirping or squirrels on trees and show same in the book. read out picture books to him or probably play with blocks etc. dont worry about the mess. within a week's time he will get rid of his habit . this is the right time to nip it in the bud. hope this helps!

Raj Kundra

Thanks for reply.. I am trying this but he seems to be interested in mobile. my wife has to show his songs in mobile to feed..

puloma pandey

hi Raj , keep cell phones away from baby instead make him watch rhymes on tv that too for limted period. when he cries take him out for a walk or divert him by giving some other thing . you can also buy a toy phone.

Top Child Psychology and Behaviour Blogs