chocolates n cough

Neha Netragaonkar

Jul 05, 2013

Does eating chocolates or choco products cause cough? I hv a history of bronchitis. My son is 2. 8 yrs n keeps geting seasonal cold n cough which dosent go vry soon.

samrudha puneeth

Hello neha. Saw your post... Actually chocolates r really good for health. Cocao also contains some nutritions. here doctors in england suggests us to give chocolates for kids especially the dark chocolates. It increases the memory power of the kids. But dnt forget to brush your kids teeth before bed time.

Reema

as gaurima said its the high sugar part which creates problem... So if ur child is addicted 2 chocolate milk add some halDi powder n then chocolate powder 2 milk... Dats wat i do 2 my kid... I dont give him chocolates in high portions but i just cant take it away 4m him... Afterall he is just a kid. N ya plz dnt 4get cocoa is not bad, its d sugar content which harms

Reema

Annapoorni Padmanabhan

In case of children with wheezing problem, chocolates are the first thing to be avoided... Doc also advises us to stop giving choco flavored drinks, cream biscuts, cakes and ice creams. Simply put, to put a stop to all those a child would generally love to eat ! Poor kids.

Dyuti

Dear Neha, I agree with Gaurima here. Chocolates are processed foods at the end of the day. I have also heard that products containing cocoa (chocolates, bournvita and other chocolate flavoured drinks) irritate the throat. So if a child suffering from cough, eats chocolate, it may irritate his/her throat. But again, it may not affect some children. If you have doubts, you could stop giving him chocolates completely and see if he seems to recover faster from his bouts of cough.

gaurima

Dear Neha, Actually small amount of choclate eaten sometimes a week doesn't cause much harm but eating it in high amounts causes problems and can definitely suppress our immune system. Chocolate contains very high amount of sugar, artificial flavours, chemicals (to keep it fresh) and caffeine. It is also linked to hyperactivity in kids. Dark chocolate is better than the milk chocolate as it has less sugar.

rash

hi everyone... my baby is 1. 5 yr old... she is very active... der is only one c..

drink lemon soda

my son is 1 yr 2 months old ,is it safe to give lemon soda to him. ???

stop BF to baby

Hi my daughter is 14 months old and now i am trying to stop her BF. I will try t..

my 2. 5 yrs old son goes to play school...

toddler takes only milk in Bf

rejects food

my daughter is 1. 8 yrs she is never interested in eating food. I always force..

My baby is not independently walking sti..

My baby sat independently very late.. she sat when she was running 12 month.. no..