Coconut Water-Yes or No?

Charanjot

Is it okay to give coconut water to a nine month old? What other liquids can be given as summers are kicking in??

• 6

Neena

Coconut water is probably the most unadulterated natural drink.. If your child takes to it, nothing like it.

Christina Edison

i have been giving coconut / tender coconut water for my LO since she was 7 months.. not very frequently by twice a week or so.. it is a good source of electrolyte..

On a hot day, especially if you are out, tender coconut water is an excellent option to give your child. You may put some into your child's sippy cup instead of having him/ her use the shop straw. Plain water and home made juices are good, as Anurima has suggested. Sweet lime is usually a childhood favourite.

Hi Charanjot, in addition to coconut water you may also give your baby some home made fruit juices, smoothies (blended with a little yogurt), lassi etc but preferably without much added sugar. Once summer sets in, you could make some sorbets (pureed fresh fruit with some crushed ice) and give your baby once in a while (we do not want them to catch a cold) :)

Tanuja Sodhi

Hi Charanjot, Yes you could give coconut water to your 7-monther. Just be sure it is from a tender coconut (green). Also, offer very small quantity the 1st time. Watch for any allergenic reactions. If the child takes it well, you could give him more frequently.

Sireesha Billakanti

Hi Charanjot, I guess coconut water is a good option, but it is not advisable if your kid has cough as it increases cough.

not eating any food

my baby is going to complete 10 month. still he does not take any type of food o..

nutrition &health

my baby is now of 7&1/2months... till 6months she were healthy n her weight was..

Bottle Feeding

My daughter is 9 months of age but doesn't take bottle feed, she left it at 5 mo..

Baby food

My baby is 9months I give her healthy mix powder (Ragi rice wheat badam kaju gre..

Raagi

Hello everyone, can someone pls share good recipes of raagi for my 6 months old..

Feeding issue

hi guys, My son is 3months old and he don't take Formula milk. he taking only m..

Hi my girl is 7month old can I give fruit juice.. what are the fruits I can give..

solids suggestions

I just started solids to my kid. any suggestions plz