Coconut Water-Yes or No?

Charanjot

Mar 20, 2013

Is it okay to give coconut water to a nine month old? What other liquids can be given as summers are kicking in??

Neena

Coconut water is probably the most unadulterated natural drink.. If your child takes to it, nothing like it.

Christina Edison

i have been giving coconut / tender coconut water for my LO since she was 7 months.. not very frequently by twice a week or so.. it is a good source of electrolyte..

On a hot day, especially if you are out, tender coconut water is an excellent option to give your child. You may put some into your child's sippy cup instead of having him/ her use the shop straw. Plain water and home made juices are good, as Anurima has suggested. Sweet lime is usually a childhood favourite.

Hi Charanjot, in addition to coconut water you may also give your baby some home made fruit juices, smoothies (blended with a little yogurt), lassi etc but preferably without much added sugar. Once summer sets in, you could make some sorbets (pureed fresh fruit with some crushed ice) and give your baby once in a while (we do not want them to catch a cold) :)

Tanuja Sodhi

Hi Charanjot, Yes you could give coconut water to your 7-monther. Just be sure it is from a tender coconut (green). Also, offer very small quantity the 1st time. Watch for any allergenic reactions. If the child takes it well, you could give him more frequently.

Sireesha Billakanti

Hi Charanjot, I guess coconut water is a good option, but it is not advisable if your kid has cough as it increases cough.

hi my son is 5 months old when did start food and what will taken receipes for h..

baby weight

my girl baby be is 2. 900kg then 45days weight is 4. 00 kg it is normal

feed for baby

can I give wheat roti to my 7 month baby?

Food

My baby is 5 months old. What can I start giving him and what intervals. As I am..

food to eat

hi my son will complete its 6th month on 30 may can u plz tell me what food shou..

suggest food

night food

Hi mommies, My son is 10 months old. Suggest me some easy digestion dinner recip..

vomiting

my baby 7 months old. she taken food that would be vomited all. she taking food..