Colic in kids?

Mamta Mishra

What's the best solution for colic in kids and is gripe water not advisable if so why so many ppl r using it as its reviews r good?

• 1

Dr Deepak Solanki

Hi mamta, as per WHO and USFDA guidelines -GRIPE WATER should not be given to infants .there have been case reports of life threatening infections due to gripe water. People continue to use it because of superstitions and as an indigenous way of treating colic pain. Worldwide SIMETHICONE drops (act by breaking gas bubbles in gut) are the ones usually recommended and that too in prescribed doses according to age/weight of baby . Methods u could use to avoid/relieve colic pain - make baby burp after every feed,feed in propped up position ,rubbing baby 's tummy /back gently , making him play lying on his tummy , avoid feeds other than breastmilk. Hope this helps.

baby weight

my son is 40 days old. his birth weight is 2. 6 n now his weight is 2. 96. my do..

Weight

What should be the weight of a 8 month old baby ?

not having milk from bottle

Hello my son is 3 months old I am worried hez not taking milk from bottle from l..

diarrhea.

My baby is of 5 mth n from yest. he is having diarrhea... he is not doing freque..

Feeding bottle

What should be the qualities of a gud feeding bottle?.. I need to buy one for my..

Hiii I'm new comer to ths app...

also evn I'm Ayurvedic pediatrician too

baby cries at a specific place

my 6 months old cries badly when we take her to a friend's place. and there is s..

name

hiii can any suggest girl baby names starting with ka, ke, and ve