Colic in kids?

Mamta Mishra

What's the best solution for colic in kids and is gripe water not advisable if so why so many ppl r using it as its reviews r good?

• 2

Lakshmi Kapoor Verma

Mamta try to give your baby lot of tummy time .. This helps in relieving gas and making the digestive system work properly .. In a complete day at least 30-60 mins should be dedicated to tummy time .. If yiur baby doesn't like tummy time try it for shorter intervals and then increase the time depending upon the comfort level ..

Hi Mamta, there are medicines available that help deal with colic and are completely safe. Colic Aid is one of them. Gripe water was used earlier when the medicine was not there, but as far as I know, now doctors don't suggest it because it has some harmful ingredients in it. These are like sedatives which will help the baby relax and go off to sleep. But in such small babys, sedatives are not recommended and instead the new age safer medicines are suggested. As far as I see, parenting is a personal decision and so some people still prefer to go by the traditional methods such as gripe water, while some prefer to try out the newer things in the market. That is perhaps the reason why you still will meet many people who believe in gripe water and will give good reviews. The call should be yours about what is good for your baby. hope this helps.

diet for a 5 months old baby

how much of water can be fed and from when should we start giving water

hair loss

my baby is of 5 months .she is having hair loss. wht to do

my baby 9months is suffering frm motions

which syrup should b given for my baby for motions

Unnecessary expensive scans recommend by..

Is it necessary to do a ultrasound head scan for a 2 month baby, the doctor keep..

Flat head due to sleeping pattern

Our baby is 2 months old and unfortunately he has now developed a flat head on o..

Not sleeping at Night Properly

Hi myself Deepa, mera beta 1yr 7month ka hai, use Mai Nan Pro 4 deti hu at nigh..

baby feeding 6months

which milk should be given to 6 month old baby