continuous coughing

Ganga K

Updated on Nov 09, 2016

Need your help mommies, my 3. 5 year old coughing continuously non stop .. These two days, just non stop, she can't sleep, it increases while lying down.. Her doctor prescribed ventorlin syrup for 5 days, but no improvement. Very much worried.. She vomited once , out of coughing yesterday night on bed.. Please shed some lights, thanks a lot.

• 28
Aman

Hello Ganga. Immunity is the key you could try and build it in the early on years. Such old coughing is an outcome of deferred low immunity. http://amzn.to/2wcYzDN

Manjusagaran

u can buy sukku from provisional shop ...heat milk and make the sukku into pieces and add litter bit with hot milk with pepper . this make ur child free from cough for sure... I do this very often for my 3. 2 year old boy... it works

Bindiya Sharma

just give your kid a mixture of sitopladi and tankan bhasm which is available in chemist shop easily. 1/4tablespoon of sitopladi churna and pinch of tankan bhasm with half spoon of honey twice a day morning and night. do this for two months regularly. cough n cold 100percent will go. i have done this for my kid too.

Nausheen Jaffari

this can be viral cough which Ll come dwn itself in 5 days time but of course doctor Ll prescribe something that can only calm it dwn .but if u feel she is not getting better or its reoccurring every few times then better show ur child to a child pulmonaligist. coz my daughter also has the same problem of coughing in winter when the dry air starts .it's basically cold allergy which stresses on dry nose breathing .saline drops help a lot 2 drops in each nostril 6 to 7 times a day is also harmless .it's just salt water .I hope ur child gets better soon but dnt ignore as it can coz asthma in future if nt taken care on time .all the best .

Vicks on the chest, back and feet with socks on. Works wonders for cold and congestion. Also you may investing in a humidifier. The winter air is dry and easily irritates the nostrils and throat. A humidifier will moisten the air and reduce the irritation.

Charitha Sanjay

Nebuliser. .is best n pls don't apply vicks. .steam is also good... n keep baby warm....

anu chaudhary

A pinch of turmeric in milk is a wonderful remedy. Its an anti-biotic as well as anti-allergic. make sure you strain the milk after adding turmeric powder as it may have few fibers. Always works with both my kids. Other than this I giv them madhuvani which helps relieve cough. For a 3. 5 just a tip of spoon qty would be sufficient. It is a little spicy do I give it along with chavanprash. they are very fond of eating chavanprash. While boiling the entire milk I add few tulsi leaves , so that whenever it ised for kids , it doesn't add to their cough. Otherwise adding separately and boiling is not always possible. You can even consult a homeopathy doctor.

Uma Tayade

best way nebulaes her it feel her better... and heat some sarso(mustard)oil and one single garlic and rub on her chest. give her jaggery,tulsi,ginger make kadha give one tablespoon three time ....it give relief.

Nancy

give her meliore and azee 200 syrup twice a day

Manish Bhatia

"Toothsiya syrup" hamdard brand if u are getting , else of any brand . 4 ml twice a day. one of the best medicine.

sindhuchhattani

hey nebulising is d best option... nebulise twice or day... u can apply vicks while sleeping also can give seka of ajwain or chana dal....

sangeeta muddapu

Hi Ganga, I have a highly allergic son. I have been there in your shoes several times. It will be so frustrating to see our kid suffering and we could do nothing. :( ... The cough is a mix of allergy and acid reflux. using something to help gut digestion while we giving the allergic medication works better in this condition. Morning and evening Ginger lemon tea gave an awesome result with my sons condition. Strepsil brand has ginger lemon chewable. once you see the positive results you can make your own ginger candies so that the healing mix will be handy when ever you need. I hope this helps. Sangeeta Muddapu, INHC, AADP

Farzana

u take 2 betal leaves warm it on heat then mash it with fingers to remove its juice in a teaspoon to tht add 1 or 2 cloves powdered n pinch of salt give this mixture before going to bed. its taste really good children's have it without any problem this is very old home redemy for cough try it

Pallavi Mengade

1 tb spoon adulsa works

Divya M

nebulization of astaline or duolin will help you surely.. every time im doing this to my son... our pediatrician prescribes this only...

Maddy

please add a pinch of turmeric powder in the milk and give her ..it acts as antibacterial and help to reduce cold and cough.

Misba

if she has no fever than she has cold allergy. . give her anti allergy like cz3. my 4 yr daughter had same problem. than doctor gave her anti allergy

renu

hi,give her mixture of cinnamon powder a pinch n half spoon honey.. this will help her in coughing n feel relief..... and also u can try giving her turmeric milk in night which also helps..

Richa Jain

give her plain water steam thrice a day,and apply some Vicks or jhandu bam on her feet and toes,chest ,at her back and finger nails while she sleep . after taking steam try to make her sleep and cover her from head to toes at least for half an hour. and give her a 1 tea spoon honey,but don't give water for atleast 15-20 min. .

Amulvenkat

take 10tulsi leaves,little bit ginger and 1beetel leaves. boil with cup of water. it will reduced half the quantity. mix with honey.

manasee patil

for immediate relief from cough try sitopaladi churna with honey... it works wonders

Manika Sareen

yes ,nebulizer is the best way to loose mucus n stop coughing, please ask ur doctor which medicine u have to put in nebulizer. n nebulizer is far better then coughing syrup,n go for honey n ginger juice,it will help a lot or honey n turmeric. hope she will get well soon

Tapshi lal

hi Ganga.. nabulise her 2-3 times with mild respules like levolin or consult ur doc for other respules

ganga k

thanks guys.. I nebulized now.. will give honey with pepper

Sana Ali

hello... pl try dis pinch of powdered black pepper with honey. or ginger juice with honey... it really works.... i have tried...

since she has been coughing continuously she might need bronchodilator. please consult your doc regarding the same and get her nebulized asap to help her get relief from discomfort.

ganga k

thank you. nebulize with plain water or Vicks?

hi Ganga! please get her nebulized immediately. she will get immediate relief.