Cot or Not

Sunny

Hi everyone, I am a mother of 1year old boy. I am in a big dalima as whether to contineu make him sleep with us or should buy him a Cot.  Neither he sleeps properly neither us Since he has a habit of rotating all nite on the bed. And also how cot should be likke can it will be used in long term? 

• 7

Nancy Thacker

Yes bedding has to be comfortable but instead of taking a readymade mattress u can opt for a custom made one either a cotton mattress or a compressed foam mattress. No need for those fancy side pillows or bedsheets too..... u can put a single bed bedsheet available at home n use cushions or pillows for side protection. Do let me know if u have any other query... i'll be happy to answer them :)

Sunny

Indeed custom made would be reasonable but nancy bedding of the cot is so expensive so is it imp to have the same bedding as we see at kids shops?

Nancy Thacker

I am using cot for my baby since birth and it is really a very convinient n comfortable option for both the baby n us. As suggested by Shikha, u must hav wheels in a cot. Height adjustment too is important as u can than keep ur baby in a lower height just adjacent to where u sleep so the baby is near u n still in her own bed (this is what i do). U can get variety of designs on net which turns into bed once the baby grows. U can get it custom made as it can than have all necessary features required or u can try other baby shops too as u can get lil cheaper options.

It's better to get it designed as u can modify the stndard according to room size, u can put wheels, u can make a drawer for bed sheets, etc, also one designed at home will b cheaper

Sunny

I mean should i buy the one can be convert into bed? And also should i get it made or buy from mothercare or mom n me?

Sunny

Hey thanks shikha... it was really useful but shouldf i get it m

D earlier d better. Abroad it's common for even a one day old infant to sleep separately. So if possible buy a cot for d baby which is safer n can be utilized for 2-3 years. U will see a difference in ur life n will b able to sleep properly. Though d baby mite not like this change initially but as soon as d baby sleeps u can shift him to his cot. N later on he would not sleep anywhere but in his cot. The cot shd be safe as children r inquisitive by nature n love to experiment so he mite trying standing, or jumping so it shd be safe for d child. Cots r available in different sizes n designs u shd buy one can be used for 2-3 years n has big stands to avoid any risk of falling down.

Feeding bottle

What should be the qualities of a gud feeding bottle?.. I need to buy one for my..

Hiii I'm new comer to ths app...

also evn I'm Ayurvedic pediatrician too

baby cries at a specific place

my 6 months old cries badly when we take her to a friend's place. and there is s..

name

hiii can any suggest girl baby names starting with ka, ke, and ve

poop is green and black

my baby is 5month old.. her poop is green nd black.. i gave her rice water nd co..

Is it ok if feeding women can take aloev..

My baby is 9 months old so andiam still feeding him is it ok if I start taking a..

baby poop

my baby will b completing 6 months in 3 days ...i hav started weaning 3 days bac..

Diapers

Hello... plz suggest gud diaper.. my baby girl is 4 months old...