cough n cold

Cathrin Papitha Amalraj

Updated on Sep 24, 2016

my 5 months old son got cough and cold, I gave drops from doctor but still he is coughing.. he is coughing very loudly.. wen will the cough stop.. pls help me Mom's!!!!

• 16
Raji

after 4 days ..I went to doctor for my 4month old daughter. He said its due to weather change and asked to continue the saline drops.. he said no other medicatio required and it will go off in 2-3days ..now I am giving Tulasi drops (2-3)mixed with honey.. and the cold is coming down slowly...

neha mahajan

try 2 drops ginger juice home made n honey 2 -3 drops togethrr at night bt do give sugar water immediately after that as ginger us spicy si baby cries .....with sugar water baby will feel better .....u tried it ...n cover baby ears to avoid cold n cough

Fatema Plumber

Also if you or sumone elderly is confident enough; you can give ajwain dhuni to the baby.... have been doing this for my baby n she's feeling so much better... her cough gets thin n it comes out from the nose n potty... after bathing the baby wipe him clean n burn a coconut cover(brown one) on the gas, once its burnt, take it in a plate, then put ajwain on it.... give that steam to the baby.... do it continuously for a week n see the difference yourself.... Also if your child gets cough n cold often give him flu vaccine.... consult your pediatrician.... hope he gets well soon

rekha belwal

plz don't use Vicks as it is very dangerous.. initially it gives relief by cough will cm back n 10 time more.. make powder of 1 jaiphal nutmeg.. n mix 1/4 of powder with 1/2 spoon of honey.. give it before going to sleep.. very effective.. cn give it at afternoon too.. tried n tested on my both kids

Jyothi

hi I give steam inhalation using vapourer machine and don't add anything to water cold by doing the steam kills the germs went into lungs. and baby get milk depending on what we intake ,plz u avoid oil food n more sugars. if cough n cold lasts more than 3 days plz take him to doctor. dont give him bath massage him with garlic boiled in oil n after massage just wipe with warm cloth. but don't delay to take him hospital if it last for more than 3 days since this may lead to chest congestion...