Health

cough

Updated on Jan 26, 2020

my baby is 5 months old and he got cough.. doctor prescribed to take nebulizer and antibiotic for 5 days ....but even after completing the 5 day course he continues to cough... will it get cured or should i visit doctor again ....

• 8

Varsha Yes you can wait. My baby too had cough and it was there for nearly 20days. Then only it got cured

jyoti tejpal Thanks :-)

Then can i wait for two more days?

Varsha u can also take tumeric milk for 2-3 days urself to increase immunity of the child

Helo Varsha you have to wait for few more days. By baby too had cough doctor gave medicine for 4days even after completing medicines still there was cough. it get cured only after 1week or something. So please wait. If you are breastfeeding you drink hot water and dont eat anything cold. What you eat is what your baby also gets. So as your baby is suffering from cough you too have to take care. I also had turmeric milk for two days. It helped to cure my baby's cough. You can also go through this blog Blogs-https://www.parentune.com/parent-blog/taking-care-of-newborns-how-to-hold-your-newborn/833, https://www.parentune.com/parent-blog/cough-cold-home-remedies-for-1-3-years-child/2299

Hi Varsha don't panic.. and don't loose your patience.. ur doctor is doing fine and if still u have doubts u can have a second opinion from another doctor or pediatrician in ur area.. but I must say cold n cough has a cycle of at least 8-10 days to get subsided so u must follow ur doctor completely.. one thing more u must me breast feeding ur baby .. for that u must also cover ur head and wear warmer clothes and socks.

It is advisable to take a second opinion if even after completing the course there is no improvement in baby's health. follow yr Doctor's advice completely. Give as many dose as suggested by the doctor in a day. Continue breastfeeding your baby so that his immunity to fight infection rises. Also make him wear clothes according to the weather.

Haritima Pandey
Proparent
Featured content of the day
Parentoon of the day
Lighter side of parenting

Ask your queries to Doctors & Experts

Download APP

Top Health Blogs