cranky and angry child when things are not his way

Rashi Sharma

Apr 30, 2015

Hi All,      Need suggestions on this. My child is 13 months old (happy and  inquisitive). But when it comes to not giving him things he wants he shows tantrums and also sits down on the floor with a crying noise without tears as if he has hurt himself. What should i do to make him understand whats gd and bad for him?? and also   he loves throwing things on the floor or from the bed. I am fed up of this activity of his.. PLs help

Nita Sahni

Shruti-i have tried this as well at times especially when my child is tryong to get my attention.

shruti vinay iyer

Hi moms me new to this blog I face the same problem with my son but I just go mum and pretend as if I am not watching him

Divya

Rashi Sharma, i totally agreee with aanchal here that let the child cry it out. sometimes a bit of strictness works. he may cry louder, throw things, puke, cough etc.. let it be. because children need to understand that a no means a no and anything they do will not affect moms decision. but also, weigh out the situation. dont say a no to him for everything... try this harsh trick onyl once in a while or it will loose its effectiveness. where he is asking for something small that you can give him without harming him or putting his safety at risk, let him have it, but if it is a serious thing or a situation where you can't give in, then be firm.

Aanchal

Rashi Sharma, sometimes what we need to do as parents is show lots of patience and let the child cry it out. LEt him throw his tanturms aand don't pay attetion. it may continue for sometime, but sooner or later the child will get the point that my mom means business. ALso, do not let any other family member try and quieten him.

Hi Rashi Sharma You may also find this blog helpful- https://www.parentune.com/parent-blog/how-to-say-no-to-a-child/390

Rashi Sharma - a video from the same workshop here: https://www.parentune.com/video/details/?v_id=16

Rashi Sharma , Here are some excerpts from one of the workshops we did addressing these issues with practical tips on a day-to-day basis. Hope this helps. https://www.parentune.com/parent-blog/handling-aggression-in-children/336

stop BF to baby

Hi my daughter is 14 months old and now i am trying to stop her BF. I will try t..

my 2. 5 yrs old son goes to play school...

toddler takes only milk in Bf

rejects food

my daughter is 1. 8 yrs she is never interested in eating food. I always force..

My baby is not independently walking sti..

My baby sat independently very late.. she sat when she was running 12 month.. no..

How much weight and height should increa..

I feel my baby is not increasing at all in her 3rd year. Hardly she gained hard..

how many bananas i can give to my 20m lo..

hey all , my lo is 21m old.. she has loose motions past 1w on medication also....