Crazy Wifey

Danish Wani

Updated on Jan 25, 2017

My wife is 22 weeks pregnent and is like depressed all the time. Also, she has those negative emotional outbursts everytime about everything. I know it is difficut for her but it is emotionally draining for me too. Please Advice.

• 3

hi Danish Wani! congrats on being pregnant! I hope u understand what I mean. this is the phase where both husband and wife go through ups and downs . I am sure u too are equally excited about the D day now. as far as changes in your wife's behavior are concerned, she is going through a state of emotional turmoil due to many hormonal,physical, and overall changes taking place in her body . please try and be her strength , make her feel comfortable by hugging her, giving her surprises , taking her out for dinners, give her a patient ear. also she could join WhatsApp group of to be MoM's or other groups wherein she can share her concerns. this is time Danish where she wants u not to be just her husband but caring as a father, a friend and her go-to person. let her do whatever makes her happy , as this is her time to be pampered. if u feel her mood swings are affecting her day to day life, and she has emotional outbursts wherein she gets angry on some occasions or extremely quiet at other times for no evident cause or reason , then please consult an expert asap. all the best ! tkcare!

Danish Wani

yups ! it was a planned, rather She was more exicted than me about it. It was she who convinced me to have a baby but she now doesn't share her emotions and tends to be distant and Angry !

Shreya Rajvanshi

Hi Danish, Please consult with your gynaecologist about the same. It is common for a woman to go into depression during pregnancy. And as a husband you need to talk to her about her fears and anxieties. Also, please do share whether or not this pregnancy was planned?

Top Pregnancy Blogs