cure for cough and cold

Varsha Agarwal

Updated on Aug 07, 2013

Hi,My son is 35 months old... he is suffering from cold and cough from last 1. 5 months... have given hi all possible medicines and have taken him to doc... but no results.. can anybody help???

• 8
Deepti Singh

Hi Varsha, my daughter is 2 and i was facing the same. Her cough was not going and i was frustrated. So finally it got diagnosed as pollen allergy as i stay in greater noida and there are many open fields here. So we started the treatment and can see the effect. So why don't you consult your doc for the same Query.

Shilpa Dawda

Sorry it is ......cold to last.

Shilpa Dawda

I agree that 1. 5 months is indeed a long time for a cough and cold to start. You should perhaps change your doctor. For the cough I have one suggestion which you could perhaps try. Mix honey and fresh ginger extract and give your child one spoon thrice a day for some days. This has proved effective for my son and several other children as well as adults.

Hey Varsh, you can read the blog on herbs that heal - https://www.parentune.com/parent-blog/herbs-that-heal/177

Dear Varsha! 1. 5 months is too long a period for cough to persist .pls look other associated problems such as weight loss, fever, loss of appetite. if there is no such complaint it cud be simple allergic cold n cough. it is advisable pls try getting ur child nebulized. u cud also try giving steam to ur child 2-3 times a day.

Varsha Agarwal

thanks ritu... will try

Ritu

Try giving lots of soups(tomato, brocolli etc. ), before he sleeps give honey with warm water... Follow regularly for few days

Varsha Agarwal

Home cure for cough and cold..