Dark and Prominent veins around my baby' eyes

Apr 17, 2013

My 13 month old son has had very dark veins around his eyes since birth. They are very prominent and may look like bruising at first glance. The veins start from his eyebrows and come down under his eyes on both sides.   We have always thought that they would fade with time and have not been really concerned about this. Recently at a birthday party, to our surprise, a few people pointed it out saying the dark veins will not go away on its own and needs treatment, so we should see a doctor soon! One lady actually thought he hurt both the areas around his eyes. Since we see it everyday, we tend to overlook them and do not notice how dark they are.   Have anyone of you experienced this with your child? The veins are not sensitive and do not trouble my son at all. Do we need to get him checked by the doctor or let them be?    Thank you all in advance!

• 5

Thank you Sophia. It feels good to know that it is not a one off case with my son being the only one with veins visible around his eyes :) I have noticed that they become more prominent when he gets stressed, upset or even excited. I will certainly check with the doctor.

Sophia

Hi anurima, my son is also 13 months n even he has that black colour under his eyes which makes it look as if someone has punched him black n blue. I had shown it to the doc just as he was born, n they said it was the veins n the skin under the eyes is very delicate. It becomes very evident sometimes. So there's nothing to worry but y dont u get a say from ur doc on this on ur next visit.

Thank you Sonia and Neetu. I will check with the doctor during his next check up. Carrots and pomegranate will start right away :)

hey, this may need laser treatment but in the later years. Please speak with your ped.. take care.

Sonia Duneja

Hi Anurima, Please do show to a Doc. Surely there is nothing to worry but why take a chance. All the best and take care. Give him lots of carrots or carriot juice, pomogranite to eat as these are good for eyes.

about hair

my baby is 15 mnth old his hair is so rough agin & agin i put coconut oil bt not..

neck has become dark compared to other p..

my son is 2. 2yrs. his neck hasgot layer of dirt and now it looks dark compared..

Underweight

My baby is not gaining weight,she is under weight. her weight is 6. 2 kg only. s..

How overcome with phototherapy' tan effe..

After phototherapy at 4days my daughter's body has become dark. Pls suggest me..

head washing

please suggest how to do head washing of my one year son. his hairs is long. cry..

about bottle feeding

hy. my baby is of 2 years5months. he is feeding milk with bottle. how can i remo..

lip sucking

my baby is one and half yr old. He is sucking his lowerlip before he goes to sle..

Cold and cough

My daughter is suffering from cold and cough. This time what food is I will give..