Dependent child

My 5 year old daughter is depended on me for every little thing I want to start making her do her stuff on her own, please suggest how should I start with her!!

• 2

Dear Shweta, I agree with what Bhavna has said. You may encourage her to do little things to start with, for instance, let her brush her teeth at night (you do the final brushing for her), let her comb her hair, wash her hands and face and the like. Praise her and say how proud you are of her each time she does something by herself. This will boost her confidence and motivate her to do more :)

Hey shweta, Our children are dependent on us since that is the only way they know how to get things done. A five year old child is a fairly young child yet capable of a lot of independent responsibilty. You may want to start with letting her achieve the first couple of steps of an act independently for example , if one wants that the child should dress himself/ herself then one could start by letting the child wear socks and shoes after the parent has dressed the child , once she is confident then you may encourage her to wear her clothes on her own too. Making sure that any new responsibility is expected of the child when the child is not rushed; like do not expect the child to dress herself up for school, it might be ideal if you tried this at night when the child is changing into the night dress. This way the child can take her own sweet time and do it right rather than be rushed and then feel frustrated.

deep mid night sleep

my son is 3. 9 years old. He wakes up very often at mid nights. atleast 3 to 4..

how to control or teach good manners?

when child starts behaving badly with others and elders then how to teach them

Need some help on how to manage a whinin..

Don't get me wrong ... I love my kid (3yrs and 8 months) but off lately he has..

hi

my dolly have cold ....

evening snkas

please suggest some evening healthy snacks. my boy 3. 7 years old at this age..

Acclimitization problem

My son has started his Junior KG and is 3 years and 4 months old. In the afterno..

my daughter is 5 year she is smart learn..

my kiddo wants watch TV all time

बच्चों में गुस्सा करने की प्रवित्ति को क..

मेरा बच्चा बहुत चिड़चिड़ा हो जाता है और गुस्सा करता है...